Hacking Flash carts not working but games do

ultimate.fake.ac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I bought a used DSL today and when I was buying it I tested it and it works fine with normal games; however, when I got home and tried it with my R4 and Acekard 2i it wouldn't recognize either. Anyone have an idea of what is going on? The DSL appears to have had its case replaced but like I said it runs actual games just fine so I'm not sure why it isn't recognizing the flash carts.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
whoah, it's almost like someone modded it to be an anti-piracy DS.
laugh.gif

ultimate.fake.ac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, the flash carts work fine in other systems. We have 2 other DSL and a DSi and the flash carts work fine in all of them.

EDIT: I had even rechecked after to make sure they still worked incase the new DSL did something funny to the flash cart, and they work fine.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The golden teeth (pins) of the DS might be bent. Check them. The Acekard and the R4 lack the plastic that aligns the pins that most retail games have. The DSTT and the Supercard have those, I think. Check.

ultimate.fake.ac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just looking in under the light and comparing to one of the DSL I have which work I think you might have it. It looks like one of the pins isn't the same as the others. Now how would I go about fixing this?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it sort of is if Flashcards aren't reading. Have you tried any other flashcard besides the R4 and Acekard? One with teeth or whatever maybe?

ultimate.fake.ac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, thats the reason I started the thread here. But all I seem to need is a little advice on how best to approach bending the wire/booth/pin back into place. I haven't tried any other flashcards as I don't own or have access to any others.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should try that. Because for all you know, bending that pin/wire/tooth back in place will make even the proper games not work.

If you bought it at a store, you could go back and say "Some of my games aren't working, some of them are. And I looked in the slot and see a tooth that's bent unlike the others. I think this might be the reason why some of my games work, and some of them dont."

ultimate.fake.ac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a late reply, but I felt I would write what happened in case someone else does a search on a similar topic.

The pin was bent down slightly and to the side. I use a pair of needlenose teezers and used one end to lift the pin up a few time to get it into place. After I did that I tried my Acekard 2i and it worked perfectly. So if something similar happens for you I would suggest trying to use something long and thin like a long needle or something similar to try lift/adjust the pin before you resort to full out DS surgery.

D

Deleted User

I have that problem with my cousin's DSL except that my R4 won't work but my Acekard and Regular carts work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte