Flash cart for the Switch incoming?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The risk of ban has never been zero and it won't be now just because Mig Switch says it is.

I also don't see why anything would change regarding the second hand market. Before Mariko everyone had a hackable Switch and therefore the ability to dump carts and share certs without special hardware, and there was no big uproar about banned used games.
*sound of crickets*
thats all i can say if you cant read 5 post up :toot:

thx for @Hassal "sound of crickets"

Last edited by Lamcza,

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don’t see them banning carts, I think banned consoles is very possible. You’d be surprised how many people are so confused by an RCM jig, and setting up CFW, while a Mig would also need to be setup via the sd card I feel this is still significantly easier then setting up things for unpatched console.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only want to jailbreak my PS4 Pro after it's EOL. It's still a very powerful little computer, and I'm excited to eventually take advantage of it when getting banned off PSN is no longer a concern.
I haven't heard of any new updates regarding PS4 jailbreaks for 10.0+. So I would just maybe find a console that has the lowest firmware, since you cannot downgrade because of e-fuses.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1705282510480.png

Mig Switch dumper pictured.

SOURCE: Mig Switch

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only want to jailbreak my PS4 Pro after it's EOL. It's still a very powerful little computer, and I'm excited to eventually take advantage of it when getting banned off PSN is no longer a concern.

I haven't heard of any new updates regarding PS4 jailbreaks for 10.0+. So I would just maybe find a console that has the lowest firmware, since you cannot downgrade because of e-fuses.

https://wololo.net/2023/01/15/ps5-p...firmwares-8-00-to-10-01-and-ps5-1-00-to-6-50/

Hafert43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certainly, it's wise to remain cautious until the technology is proven by reliable users. Instances of counterfeit products exist, and ensuring trustworthiness is crucial before celebrating any breakthrough.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don’t see them banning carts, I think banned consoles is very possible. You’d be surprised how many people are so confused by an RCM jig, and setting up CFW, while a Mig would also need to be setup via the sd card I feel this is still significantly easier then setting up things for unpatched console.
They can only ban consoles assuming they can detect Mig Switch which is speculation. What isn't speculation is the possibility that people will dump games and return them which will result in cart bans. This is nothing new though. This was possible for several years with SX OS and people ended up getting only their games banned.

Reactions: mathew77

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You assumed right. They promised to release an application for hacked switches to do the job, not that we needed, but they promised to do anyway.
Not really that needed, nxdumptool and Game Card Installer can do the exact same thing.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One AliExpress seller called "Lionel Messi Video Game Store Store" (yes, this isn't a joke, that is an actual storefront), who are supposedly selling the Mig Switch. I wouldn't trust buying anything from them as their store is fairly new, the store also has zero ratings which is a BIG red flag.

Always remember to get them from reputable distributors, people. Be careful when searching for a Mig Switch. :teach:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb