Flash Cart advice

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Tsukigato, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009

Flash Cart advice by Tsukigato at 6:04 AM (1,301 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Tsukigato
    OP

Newcomer Tsukigato Newbie

United States
    A couple of months ago I gave my old original DS and R4 to a friend for his birthday for use as he just moved out on his own and could use something cheap to spend his time on, along with games.

Now that I've bought a new DS Lite for myself, and the fact that the R4 is no longer being made (or rather, the company in Asia was shut down, if I recally correctly?) I'm not sure what to get.

Another friend has an AceKard 2i for his DSi and says he's had no problem. When I had my R4 I used to hear that CycloDS was one of the best maintained and updated ones around, so I'm not really sure what I should go for.

Any suggestions? While price is always a factor, I don't mind shelling out for a CycloDS (and probably the EZ 3-in-1) if it is the best functioning one (the RTS is nice) but I don't know enough about other carts.

And to be more specific, I am looking for a DS cart (slot-1) as well as a GBA cart to go with it (slot-2).

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Acekard2i is nice i own a few of them and they're cheap on Dealextreme for like 13$ so i would go for that =D

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD use the search button. This is like the 4th topic like this today.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  5. Tsukigato
    OP

United States
    Nothing short of what I'd expect. Yes, I've run on almost no sleep, and I should have used the search button. Thanks for pointing out the obvious and have a nice day.

Anyways, Is the M3 Real still that good? It's been a while. And this can be locked or whatever, I'll add a post to the big thread, now that I'm actually awake from a quick nap before heading out again. Thanks for the help.

6. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have had several cards. Includeing R4, M3 Real, Ez Flash V, M3 Lite pro, and I always use my Cyclo and EZflash 3 in 1.
    But ya search next time. It clutters the place up asking the same question that lots of others have.
    Hope it helps.

7. Tsukigato
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I should've and normally do, just sorta slipped my mind tonight. Thanks!

8. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    You will get many different replies with these kind of questions.

Since not everyone will answer on facts, but on opinions because they own this one flashcard. So everyone else must have it, and if it is not the best card, they cannot accept.

Most suggested cards:

M3i Zero
    Cyclo DS Evolution
    Acekard 2i

You get where you pay for.
    M3Zeroi = compatible with: DS, DSL, DSi
    Cyclo DS Evolution = compatible with: DS, DSL (But plays DSi Games on DS/DSL.. which other DSi Flashcards don't. xD)
    Acekard 2i = compatible with: DS, DSL, DSi

9. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    The cyclo DS CANNOT play DSi games it can only play the DS part of a DSi hybrid game. Meaning is all it does is look at the part of the DSi hybrid game and plays the part that can only be played on a DS Lite. Either way most DSi hybrid games are pretty crappy anyways because they are just shovelware and you obviously can't use the DSi extra stuff when playing them.

10. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    i just ordered a acekard 2i seeing the price its 13$ thats a steal but it you want the cyclo it looks good but its a tad expensive for me like the m3i zero is very good but so is the acekard

11. nr4irts

Newcomer nr4irts Member

United States
    I think a trustful site shoule be better,

12. kohkindachi

Member kohkindachi GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    I got mine at around this price too [​IMG]

13. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    The wise shopper buys what the power gamer computer geek would buy.

My buddy that fits that description has the Acekard 2i, it's all I would need to get me to buy it.