Fixing error 022-2634

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by thedude28, Jan 4, 2016.

1. thedude28
    OP

thedude28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    Canada
    So following this quote right here:
    What would actually happen if I formatted Emunand in System Settings? Is it possible to unlink/re-link it from here?

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    no because your emunand crashes if you remove SD.

3. thedude28
    OP

thedude28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    Canada
    It actually turns out, if you format Emunand through system settings, it just formats the mini Partition it creates or whatever and also deletes the emunand folder located in Nintendo 3DS. It does not affect anything else at all.

In my case, running a Jap New3DS that was firmware spoofed, I had to downgrade a few titles. This is because the first time I formatted system memory in Emunand, I forgot that I had spoofed my firmware and thus had bricked it.

4. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    Well the folder is located on the 3DS SD card, if you remove you SD before you format system menu like you are meant to for unlinking nands you wouldnt get that.

But like i said if you try and remove sd before formatting emunand in settings it would crash

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I'm actually not sure what happens if you format emunand in system settings.

I've done it a fair few times on my XL and it just formats emunand. Everything sysnand remained untouched.

But then yesterday I did it on my regular 3DS, formatted sysnand so I could unlink them, then I went to format emunand in system settings and for some reason they were back to being linked. I had to re-format sysnand again to unlink them.

The only difference I see is that on my XL, sysnand was 9.2 while emunand was 10.3, every time I did this. On the regular 3DS they were both on 9.2, could that have confused the 3DS somehow?

6. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Sysnand and emunand unique IDs are generated deterministically. They will become linked again if they have each been formatted the same number of times. Format emunand once, they become unlinked. Format sysnand once, they get to the same UID again. Format emunand 5 times, they're unlinked, format sysnand 5 times, they're back linked again.

Ammako likes this.
  7. anonymoose

anonymoose Lannister

Nov 15, 2015
    Germany
    Kashyyyk
    , so is this method right?