Hardware Fixing a "dead" switch

m157

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch that my friend gave me to attempt to fix, been sitting on it for over a year on it and though I'd try again
It got washed in the washer, in it's current state, it turns on fine, gets to the Nintendo logo then nothing after that.
It is a unpatched unit and I can get it in RCM mode, sending any payload just sends part of the payload then locks up.

If anyone has any ideas, or any chips that should maybe be replaced that would be amazing.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch that my friend gave me to attempt to fix, been sitting on it for over a year on it and though I'd try again
It got washed in the washer, in it's current state, it turns on fine, gets to the Nintendo logo then nothing after that.
It is a unpatched unit and I can get it in RCM mode, sending any payload just sends part of the payload then locks up.

If anyone has any ideas, or any chips that should maybe be replaced that would be amazing.
Clean it with ultra sonic cleaner + ipa (alchohol) 70+ will do or really will with a toothbrush and ipa. Dry it up with an air compressor or compressed air can. Check for shorts around M9T236 ic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)