Fixing a bricked wii with DOP-Mii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by snkngshps, Jul 2, 2010.

Jul 2, 2010
  1. snkngshps
    OP

Newcomer snkngshps Member

United States
    I have a preloader issue brick. I honestly can't remember what I did to brick it, it's been a long long time since I've even tried fixing it, but here's the basic issue: When I turn my wii on, the start-up screen comes up but when I hit A the system menu won't load, I just get a black screen.

If I have an SD card in, my preloader will load whatever is on it, but if I try to exit out to the system menu, I get a black screen again.

I followed this guide and everything works until I get to the point where I'm supposed to install the wii menu and I get a code dump.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I would even be down for formatting my wii completely, I just want it to work again.

2. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    deadlyfoez HAD a guide to fix it but his posts are gone now. try reinstalling the sm

3. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    from the page you linked:

Warnings:
    If you recently installed a wad, usually for a custom channel of some sort, WiiWare, or VC title, do not follow this guide. You are likely bannerbricked, and this is not for you. If you can see the health screen, you are likely bannerbricked as well. You must uninstall the bad banner to fix your issue.

Unfortunately I don't know much beyond that.