Fit

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Banger, Sep 3, 2008.

Sep 3, 2008

Fit by Banger at 1:51 AM (823 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Banger
    OP

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    I am looking for any game that will give someone a decent cardio workout. I would guess Wii Fit is a given? Has anyone actually used it and the packaged stuff? But other then that I want something that if played it will get the blood pumping and heart rate going.

I played Wii Sports boxing and that does a good job me thinks.

I am just looking for other games that will get the blood going and heart pumping.

Any ideas will be welcome. Thanks for your times guys.

(I just got the Wii today)

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Haven't played it but from what I've read Wii Fit won't give you any cardio. WiiFit is more balance and slow muscle control exercises. There may well be a step aerobics game using the balance board in the future. Actually I would probably count on it. It'll probably suck, but it'll come out.

There's a WiiWare game that is a rhythm game that has you moving your body to cues on the screen... it's pretty recent, check the release lists for that one.

Otherwise Wii Boxing might just be it for you. Most of the games on Wii don't really have you constantly moving in a way that would give you a substantial workout. Mostly you'll just waggle short motions a lot which might make your shoulder a bit sore the next day, but that's about it.

For cardio you'd be better off buying a jumprope or a decent pair of running shoes.

3. Banger
    OP

United States
    I might look into other boxing games and maybe the new WWE game thats coming out, from what I read the game is amazing (1 can hope). From what came with the wii sports (Boxing) It gets me going if playing it long enough. (I like to go all out when I'm going against the person). Well we shall see what I can find, hopefully I can find something that will suit my needs. I am also looking for more then just cardio but thats what I am doing first. Just anything for a bit of improved health while having fun.

4. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    There's a guy somewhere that did it for several months to see if it made a difference - the conclusion was that it did... I'm sure you can find the article somewhere (try search?)

5. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Actually, that guy lost around 15lbs in 41 days if I remember correctly. He's a member here, if you would believe it.

Having actually played WiiFit, it will get your blood pumping. Yeah, and make you sore a few times, but that's to be expected. Most of the Aerobic exercises will do this--and yes there is a step game that is sorta like DDR but without the arrows (and you move to the beat, so it's the same idea). Hula-hoop, and a jogging thing that doesn't even require the board. There's also a step-on game that you don't even need the TV for, just keep stepping on and off in a steady beat and watch TV or something else. You start out with a few games at first, and you open up more the longer you play--while it is annoying to the person who wants to get to all the possible exercises immediately, it is a bit incentive-based, you can say. And hey, you can always actually do the other exercises/games too. They're not bad!

Oh yeah, I forgot one of the Aerobic games. Rhythm Boxing! XD It's not going to wear you out (until the final "flail as hard as you fucking can" part at the end) but it's quite fun. Left block *pause pause*. Right block *pause pause*. Left right left block. Right left right block. Whee!

6. Banger
    OP

United States
    Sweet thanks for the info guys. I will look more into this after I can play backups. I scratch games to easy.