First secret character from "Dissidia" revealed!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
"During the Final Fantasy XI Japan Vana-Fest, it was announced that Shantotto, an NPC female Tarutaru Black Mage of Windurst, will be playable in Dissidia. She will be voiced by Megumi Hayashibara and it is currently unknown which side she will be fighting for or if another FF11 character will act in opposition against her. However, one of the images of her clearly shows her standing on the same dais as the Warriors of Cosmos. Another shot though shows her fighting against the Warrior of Light, even using her EX-Burst on him. It's a little hard to tell what her EX-Mode costume change is from these shots - it almost resembles the Sorcerer's Attire Artifact Armor set from FFXI, but not quite. Her EX-Burst will probably draw upon the game's concept of a Magic Burst, it is too early to say at the moment.

The description of her being passed around on the Japanese web is -

'A Tarutaru NPC in FFXI, one of Vana'diel's premier black mages, one possessing an unheard of genius talent, who during her time as an adventurer bravely infiltrated the Empire of Aht Urhgan under a false name.' "

22813cfcb143b9a5f7ed1c840299385c.png

Here is a Famitsu article. It confirms it + a few screens.

Delfin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
delfin.zapto.org
XP
Country
Maybe this is just me and very few others, but I'm actually happy hearing this.
Shantotto is by far the best NPC in FFXI, and in many FF games in general >.>

Just another reason for me to get a PSP and this game (among other games of course).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys don't understand, for FFXI fans (I've played since it came out in North America and met my fiance on there), this is awesome news! No one would have ever thought of a FFXI character!

Shantotto is a tarutaru with a lot of sass!

I remember when I first started playing I thought that the race of tarutaru was incredibly stupid.
They look like monchichis! But they soon become the most beloved race of creatures of any games (IF you're a FFXI fan).

For non-FFXI players/fans, just think how cool it is that they've included a character from a Final Fantasy game you've actually not played!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Personally, this character doesn't mean anything at all to me since I've never played XI. However, this gives me hopes of other possible secret characters being in, HOPEFULLY characters from other games. (A valkyrie, a KH character...)

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
Personally, this character doesn't mean anything at all to me since I've never played XI. However, this gives me hopes of other possible secret characters being in, HOPEFULLY characters from other games. (A valkyrie, a KH character...)
Neku, Chrono would be cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo