First scores for NSMBU & Nintendoland

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Hadrian, Nov 5, 2012.

Nov 5, 2012
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Normally I wouldn't post review scores but seeing that these are the first of a brand new console, I think it's worthy of having a thread. Perhaps we can keep future launch scores in here.

These are from Gamemaster, which is a long running UK magazine, it was once a spin off from a TV show but it became it's own thing once that got cancelled.

So far very positive, their review on Nintendoland was pretty spot on from what I expected of the game, I think that game is going to surprise a lot of people.

http://nintendoeverything.com/103948/first-wii-u-game-reviews-are-in/

2. Treeko

Member Treeko GBAtemp Regular

United Arab Emirates
    Good review,just make's me more hyper to get my Wii u.

3. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Kind of glad I'll be getting Nintendoland with mine. Though, this also makes me reconsider getting NSMBU at launch. Might just stick with Scribblenauts, Tekken Tag, and Warriors Orochi 3.

4. DonnyKD

Member DonnyKD GBAtemp Fan

United States
  5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    It appears they rated Nintendoland above NSMBU. Let the frothing rage begin!

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    90% for the graphics on nintendoland? :wtf: It sure doesn't look that way on screenshots.

Still...I'm kinda relieved with the final score, as I preordered it with it. I'm just too curious about how multiplayer will turn out to be.*

*compared to the zombiiU package, obviously.

7. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    I was expecting Nintendo Land to be something like the monstrosity that is Wii Play. Gladly surprised.

8. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    IGN have posted their first Wii U review...Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge. I played the first version of NG3 and it was really terrible however I was curious to why Nintendo picked this up to publish themselves. Going from the review it sounds like it's significantly different with everything fixed. They gave it a 7.6 which is pretty good seeing they gave the first version 3/10! Still, this is IGN and I tend to disagree with their ratings.

If the review is right then it does seem that you can make a bad game good within a good amount of time and maybe this is something fans of the series may wanna grab when it's cheaper.

http://uk.ign.com/games/ninja-gaiden-iii/wii-u-110811

BTW I posted more details on Gamemasters Wii U special here:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/more-on-...-details-on-most-of-the-launch-titles.336992/

EDIT: Destructoid gave NG3:RE 5.5/10
    http://www.destructoid.com/review-ninja-gaiden-3-razor-s-edge-238412.phtml

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    does those 7 hours for New Super Mario Bros. U not include the side levels? that's pretty short for a mario game. :S i guess it's good to hear that it's easier than new super mario bros wii, that gave me a bit of difficulty on some levels.

10. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Some reviews I've read say that to 100% the game it'll be 7-8 hours which is actually longer than most 2D Mario titles. The Wii game only took 6 hours to finish and the DS game took 4 at the very most. No idea how long the 3DS game is.