1. minimaniac83

OP minimaniac83 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    I may have cocked up here. I'm hoping someone can help (obviously)

I bought a modded switch. Tried to update the firmware to the latest 10.0.4 version. I was on 9. something- I cant recall.

I used ChoiDujourNX 1.0.2

Having put the firmware on the SD card in a folder ChoiDujourNX 1.0.2 went through the motions. Said all was good and started the reboot but it wont turn back on unless i hold the power and volume + button. I can get to the SXOS Menu. However if i press boot custom firmware or boot original firmware the screen just goes black and it does nothing.

Im not new to modding but i am new to the Switch so forgive me if i dont understand your terminology.

How screwed am? Any advice please?

2. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Are you using latest sx os version? 3.0.2

3. minimaniac83

OP minimaniac83 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Thanks so much for your reply for your reply. It wasn't 3.0.2 but I have now tried that.

Good news-I can power it up only if i press power and volume + button. When in the SXOS options screen, if i press boot original firmware it loads up. I'm immediately then presented with a "system up date is required to use the microsdxc memory card"
    Bad news:

- If i press restart from when booted into original firmware. It doesn't restart. To power it on again i have to press power and volume +
    -If i press boot into customer firmware, the whole boot takes an eternity. The light on the RCMloader USB- dongle stays on (it didnt before) and when it does eventually load its not custom firmware and looks as though its just booted into the normal firmware. I cannot open any of the software. I also get the same system update message as above. Do i need to update the software on the dongle?

With either of the above boots i am greeted with a message that says "system up date is required to use the microsdxc memory card"

I have checked the system settings and it says current version 10.0.4.

4. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    It means you're using exfat card and your Switch doesn't have the exfat drivers installed.

I personally recommend switching your sd card format to FAT32. Just copy all the content to your PC, format to FAT32 and copy your files back. It should boot normally without that prompt this time.

You can use this tool if your sd card is bigger than 32GB: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

minimaniac83 likes this.
  5. minimaniac83

OP minimaniac83 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I don't know who you are. I don't know where your'e from but you are a god damned hero! You will forever have god like status to me .

Thanks again for your support. solved!

skinnyBIGGS, darksx and Tokiwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Firmware, Updates,