Firmware Updates / Loadiine Self Hosting

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MikeTheDoctor, Apr 27, 2016.

1. MikeTheDoctor
    OP

MikeTheDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    Hi All,

I'm progressing nicely with my WiiU mod thanks to the brilliant help from you guys. I have a few more questions if you would be kind enough to answer.

I have setup my own WAMP self hosting server which runs Loadiine GX2 and Homebrew Loader, but I still need to go to an external site (wiiubrew.net) to load the initial 5.40 exploit (Either the loadiine exploit or just the non modified one). Where can I find these files to actually self host myself?

In regards to newer games, will they contain a update on the disk itself? So for example, if I wanted to use DDD to backup the new starfox (assume this would require 5.5.1), would this update my WiiU?

Thanks again

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Um, since you're on 5.4.0 the HTML www files won't work, you'll have to convert the bin files to MP4 using this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-bin2mp4.417414/
    I compiled a recent version you can use, not sure what new commits there are https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-942#post-6271204
    Newer games will have an update on the disc, I think every one does based on what it was built off of, I don't know if spoofing is enough to dump games cause I'm on 5.5.1

MikeTheDoctor likes this.
  3. MikeTheDoctor
    OP

MikeTheDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    Cool, thanks very much for that. I am guessing you are one of the lucky few who have access to the 5.5.1 exploit, wow :)

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    An update manager shouldn't be too hard to make ? (In Loadiine GX2) @NWPlayer123 but to test it i need the kexploit ;) (go in ur pm damn)

5. MikeTheDoctor
    OP

MikeTheDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    Sorry, I cant seem to figure this out still. On the link you supplied, I cant find any .bin or .mp4 files for the exploit. Ive downloaded the one in the sticky but cant figure it out (osdriver-aio).

Also wiiubrew.net is down now also, so I dont have access to the exploit so cant run my games :( . Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

6. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    is it not wiiubru.com

MikeTheDoctor likes this.
  7. MikeTheDoctor
    OP

MikeTheDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    I used exploit.wiiubrew.net to access the exploit previously, but its down now. Ill try that one thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thats worked thanks. Any idea where I can get the files to self host?

8. MikeTheDoctor
    OP

MikeTheDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    Update! OMG all my downloaded games now work (only 2 worked previously as per previous thread) on wiiubru.com. Thanks you so much NexoCube!!!

Also, it loads directly to the homebrew launcher without the need to load the exploit first, this is amazing. If I could only self host now, I would be done

9. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    KiiWii, MikeTheDoctor and NWPlayer123 like this.
  10. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
  11. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Ignore the text. It's been changed a bunch of times. Anyway its the original kernel exploit. The non loadiine version. I use this when running WUP installer or older homebrew that doesn't have an elf for loading through HBL

Also for the most part you only need to launch HBL once. When you're inside of HBL then launch Loadiine

Edit: Wow my index.html needs updating. I really only ever go there to tap homebrew launcher anyway. It has ddd and pygecko so it has everything I need.

Last edited by Kafluke, Apr 27, 2016
    KiiWii and MikeTheDoctor like this.
  12. MikeTheDoctor
    OP

MikeTheDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    Thanks very much dude. Now self hosted cheers!

Kafluke likes this.
  13. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @Kafluke you shouldnt need to run HBL twice anymore with latest commits here: dimok789 ยท GitHub

EDIT: yup just read to ignore the text lol, ignore me.

Kafluke likes this.
  14. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I just put together the package very quickly today. Did you notice any typos or unclear instructions? Did you even use my package or another?

15. MikeTheDoctor
    OP

MikeTheDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    I used your full package except for the main index HTML (png attached) as I already designed a imaged link frontend, i'm going to add some extra buttons (exit, WUPinstaller) on to mine tomorrow :)

Thanks very much for that dude, very helpful and now fully working

EDIT : I already setup WAMP, so didnt use the hosting program

Attached Files:

• main.png
      main.png
      File size:
      341.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by MikeTheDoctor, Apr 27, 2016
    Kafluke likes this.