Firmware update on emunand safer?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by theking1987, Oct 2, 2018.

1. theking1987
    OP

theking1987 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2017
    Netherlands
    Is it safer to have emunand and do a firmware upgrade to 6.0 instead of the original nand?
    I am super bannend so i need to update offline if i want to go to firmware 6.0
    I dont have emunand at the moment only the original nand.
    I use the sx pro dongle with sx os on my switch on firmware 5.1.
    in June i made a nand backup of my system. I also have the boot files.

2. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Since you're on 5.1 OFW, Emunand is completely useless to you as it's only really useful for people on OFW 4.0 or lower, in case a warmboot exploit emerges. And seeing as you're already superbanned you don't really have to worry about "staying safe" either. You're banned, hack your system all you want, nothing worse is going to happen(Well unless you brick it)

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  3. theking1987
    OP

theking1987 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2017
    Netherlands
    Thats my main question on emunand when something is going wrong when updating firmware offline do you get the same brick when on original nand? Or is it easier to restore/fix?

4. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    I believe some people have reporting bricking their systems when updating the emunand. Honestly, this update from SX OS is so broken that i would wait till a new update is released that fixes the issues. Do note though that there is a greater number of people successfully updating their emunand than the ones bricking it

5. dustyranch

dustyranch Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2018
    Sweden
    Hi Ashura66, isn't it 4.1 and lower technically?