Firmware is installed, but the DS keeps displaying Loading...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dxrules12, Jan 11, 2011.

1. dxrules12
    OP

Newcomer dxrules12 Member

United States
    Firmware is installed, but the DS keeps displaying Loading... i bought a new r4i sdhc christmas version v1.4
    i downloaded a firmware were its 1.31b the files inside are moonmemo,moonshl2,r4.dat,and r4imenu then i copied it to my sd card but when i start to use it the ds keeps displaying loading..... what should i do? but my first firmware is 1.17b does the latest firmwares requires _ds_menu.dat? pls help need to play latest games. pls

2. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    You might not have the right firmware. Go to the site listed on your R4's box. To avoid this in future, don't buy a clone next time.

3. dxrules12
    OP

Newcomer dxrules12 Member

United States
    I Downloaded 1.31b latest but when i use it ,it keeps staying at loading... but when i put _ds_menu.dat it works but its v1.17b why??? do ineed to download latest _ds_menu.dat? my ds menu.dat came from 1.17b.

4. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    try backing up your games then format your microSD. I think that will work because I had the same problem before.

5. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Back up your card and reformat it with this
    http://filetrip.net/f10976-SDFormatter-Version-3-0BETA.html
    Then go to the site printed on the box, download the latest firmware and that should solve your problem.

If that doesn't work. Then pack it up and buy a new card such as an Acekard 2i, Supercard DStwo, Supercard DSonei, EZ-Flash Vi, and R4i Gold from www.r4ids.cn. All of those have very active teams and are currently the recommend DSi flashcards

6. kolosus

Newcomer kolosus Member

United States
    Looks like you have a real r4 clone (as opposed to a dstt clone). You should try wood for r4. It should work for you. If not then we might have other ideas. Let us know on here.

Good luck.

7. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Incorrect. R4 Wood does not work on all R4 Clones, only R4i Gold from www.r4ids.cn, R4 1:1, original R4, and M3 Simply.