Hacking Firmware check for DS-Lite (Flashme)

Gemuzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, i am trying to put Flashme on a DS-Lite, i know the risks but i am a adventerous person B-), i also like to directly boot into my DStwo without the health screen.

I just need to be sure everything is Ok, so i checked the Pitchochat crash and it shows pink(firmware v5) which would mean i could Flash it.
Now comes the problem, when i run Flashme to check if everything is right, it shows me NDS-v7, does this mean i got firmware v7:huh: ?
As i read, firmware v7 was only released on gold Japanese DS models.

Also, i read i had to empty my micro-sd and leave only flashme.nds to avoid trouble, is this true or can i just run it from moonshell/dstwo with placing it on root, leavng my files and apps?

I tried reading the Flashme FAQ on the sticky, but the link there tells me i do not have permission to view the thread. (Was it deleted?)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've flashed 3 consoles with FlashMe 8a. I don't think there are any problems with what firmware is on the console at the time of flashing. Firmware awareness was only important when determining which slot-2 flashcart to buy back when the first generation was out, because back then the encryption wasn't cracked and flashcarts mainly relied on exploits, like the 3DS does presently, and later firmwares had them patched. FlashMe was a solution to patched firmwares for slot-2 DS flashcarts and your ability to install it has nothing to do with that.

Gemuzuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, that is clear for me now.

Now for the last question, is it true need to emtpy my micro-SD to avoid trouble, or does it not matter if i were to start it from Moonshell/DStwo menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉