Firefox v29

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wont update it. I am fine with my firefox's old update. No Chrome for me because of spyware.
I'd really advise against not updating your browser for what is essentially a minor reason, as you'll miss out on security, performance and compatibility updates as well. If everyone did that we'd still be in IE6 hell. If you really really really can't stand the new UI form some reason (although it's really not that different, it's just a shock for roughly 15 minutes) there's the Classic Theme Restorer addon or whatever it's called.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know
I'd really advise against not updating your browser for what is essentially a minor reason, as you'll miss out on security, performance and compatibility updates as well. If everyone did that we'd still be in IE6 hell. If you really really really can't stand the new UI form some reason (although it's really not that different, it's just a shock for roughly 15 minutes) there's the Classic Theme Restorer addon or whatever it's called.

I know that. I do not care as long as my computer is running without a problem. :)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You all need to become more adaptable. Things change, sometimes for the better, other times for the worse.
Overall the new design is fine, a few unnecessary changes however.

My only dislike is the position of the home button, used to it being slightly further to the right. Out of habit, I drag the cursor to the wrong spot. Nothing that I can't overcome however.

Well you probably like the new Metro stuff. You know, where you have to click through a page of irrelevant ads, news, and weather before getting to your programs. Not to mention having to set up your router with dnsmasq based ad blocking because you can't use browser addons and are stuck with MSIE and have to set up a Linux computer with an imap to pop3 gateway because Mail no longer supports pop3. After so many headaches (well, arm aches mostly) with Windows 8 I dumped it for Windows 7. Not to mention there was no way in hell I was going to spend several hundred dollars for MS Office (no Libreoffice for Windows 8/Metro, after all).

And no, no cheating by installing Start8, Classic Shell, or any of that crap. Pure stock Windows 8 with official updates only.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While I hate two of the changes in Australis (the ability to move/modify the back/forward button to the left of the urlbar and the removal of tabs on bottom), the latter is still possible (only one line of CSS required, lol)
I didn't even know my firefox got updated. I don't have any complaints, looks the same to me, with an extra button at the top right that I'll probably never use. I use the toolbar at the top left, and the home button at the top right, and that's the way it's been for a long time. BTW, I used iGoolge for years until google decided to shut it down :angry:
Your Firefox is infected with Conduit crap, by the looks of it (Your search engine is set to Conduit Engine). Try going through your list of add-ons and remove the ones you don't know.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you probably like the new Metro stuff. You know, where you have to click through a page of irrelevant ads, news, and weather before getting to your programs. Not to mention having to set up your router with dnsmasq based ad blocking because you can't use browser addons and are stuck with MSIE and have to set up a Linux computer with an imap to pop3 gateway because Mail no longer supports pop3. After so many headaches (well, arm aches mostly) with Windows 8 I dumped it for Windows 7. Not to mention there was no way in hell I was going to spend several hundred dollars for MS Office (no Libreoffice for Windows 8/Metro, after all).

And no, no cheating by installing Start8, Classic Shell, or any of that crap. Pure stock Windows 8 with official updates only.
Mate, wrong thread. Not once did I mention or reference Windows 8.
Besides, who are you to say what my likes and dislikes are?!
I dislike the metro in Windows 8. That doesn't change the fact that there were numerous perfomance upgrades and whatnot. Sometimes you need to deal with bullshit to get to the good stuff. End of Windows 8 discussion.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I wont update it. I am fine with my firefox's old update. No Chrome for me because of spyware.
Chrome doesn't have spyware. The only reason spyware extensions get installed is because shady websites install them without you knowing. I've had it happen before. As long as you don't browse shady websites and make sure you only install extensions (Basically, go through your extensions list once in a while and prune ones you don't know of/don't use often) you trust, you should be fine.

SickPuppy I think you have a malware extension. You have Conduit Search instead of Google. Might want to look into that.

Right as of now, I only have one problem with Chrome, and it's that all my favicons sit too low in the tabs and look like they're sitting on the top of the window instead of being nice and centered. But all in all, it really looks to me that they're copying the Chrome UI, which is nice and minimal in itself, but hell, make your own minimal UI or something, don't base it off something that exists.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrome doesn't have spyware. The only reason spyware extensions get installed is because shady websites install them without you knowing. I've had it happen before. As long as you don't browse shady websites and make sure you only install extensions (Basically, go through your extensions list once in a while and prune ones you don't know of/don't use often) you trust, you should be fine.

SickPuppy I think you have a malware extension. You have Conduit Search instead of Google. Might want to look into that.

Right as of now, I only have one problem with Chrome, and it's that all my favicons sit too low in the tabs and look like they're sitting on the top of the window instead of being nice and centered. But all in all, it really looks to me that they're copying the Chrome UI, which is nice and minimal in itself, but hell, make your own minimal UI or something, don't base it off something that exists.

I've had problems with that shitty Conduit spyware before, and it's super annoying to get rid of, I used AdAware to remove it and it worked just fine. Oh and I absolutely refuse to use Internet Explorer, its only purpose is to download Firefox or Chrome lol.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Literally the only things they did to make it more minimal/more like Chrome is move the menu button so there's more space for tabs and remove the addon bar because I don't know. It's really not anything major.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Mate, wrong thread. Not once did I mention or reference Windows 8.
Besides, who are you to say what my likes and dislikes are?!
I dislike the metro in Windows 8. That doesn't change the fact that there were numerous perfomance upgrades and whatnot. Sometimes you need to deal with bullshit to get to the good stuff. End of Windows 8 discussion.

Yeah, though at least this doesn't break much if anything (unlike the Windows 8/Metro switch). But like you said, people need to be more adaptive rather than installing ugly hacks/cheats to make things work they way they used to.

Reactions: vassildador

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to install the classic look for Firefox. I couldn't stand Chrome and Chrome had some massive lag spikes when I used it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I've had problems with that shitty Conduit spyware before, and it's super annoying to get rid of, I used AdAware to remove it and it worked just fine. Oh and I absolutely refuse to use Internet Explorer, its only purpose is to download Firefox or Chrome lol.

Oh how incredibly relevant:

uUSVwqa.jpg

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What's with the missing forward button? I use it often when I accidently pressed the back button.
What missing button? Like previous versions of Firefox it's only visible when you've gone back a page. There's absolutely nothing new on that front as far as this version goes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you refusing to update from Firefox 28 should reconsider. That's a great way to make yourself vulnerable to known security holes. I recommend you do one of the following:

Reactions: vassildador

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, not getting it. Sticking with Chrome.

FF totally went downhill way back around v7. It started running slower than IE. Even though I hated to switch, I had to go to Chrome.

Yep.
The only thing I miss about FireFox is the Awesome Bar.
Chrome is faster and more stable.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill