OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trying to decide between fire emblem awakening or kirby triple deluxe. They are both great from what I can tell but I wanna know what you guys think would be the better choice. I want both but budget only has enough for one ha ha.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Fire Emblem. It will keep you occupied for a lot longer till you have enough money to get Kirby. Its also a better game overall.

mafiaman1564

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is awakening a good one to start with too if you never played it? I plated strategy games before and this one looks like the easier one for newcomers.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Is awakening a good one to start with too if you never played it? I plated strategy games before and this one looks like the easier one for newcomers.

As far as im aware its pretty stand-alone. iv only played one FE game before awakening but i didnt feel like i needed to know the history of the games to enjoy or understand it. Also yeah its pretty easy to understand, the game does a good job of helping you learn the basics. You shouldnt have any trouble getting the hang of it even if you havent played strategy games before.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem would bore me to death so I say kirby because its better but in the end its which 1 you want more than the other that will decide your choice

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fe is, on easy and normal difficulty, among the easiest fire emblems ever so its good for newcommers. it also has a mode where you dont lose your dead units forever.
but if you dont like tactical games like fe, or if you get ocd over perfectionating your characters (grinding hours and hours to get skills to hand down to the child-units, instead of just finishing the game with your great enough but not absolute chars)
and hard/harder modes can be quite annoying if you don't know the right strategy (they're not really obvious whatsoever, its a fire emblem thing) or if you dont buy the dlc to easily level up chars.

i'd say, if thats your kind of game, then get fireemblem. if you feel like that might cause frustration to you, you might wanna think about kirby more

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fire Emblem is fucking excellent and packed with so much content. IMO the best 3DS gaem. I played on hard mode with perma death off and had a blast.

Kirby is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it but it content wise, it offers no where near as much as FE.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's packed with so much content and has a lot of amazing characters. Even better with the DLCs which are worth to get. Especially "The Future Past" DLC. It has lots of replay value, support conversations, marriages, items, etc. It's just too much to describe. Right now, you can download the demo to try it out if you want to.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably don't even need to throw my two cents in based on previous responses, but if you're looking for the most mileage for your money, Fire Emblem is the best choice. I've got well over 100 hours clocked into it, and I'm still not bored.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem, though of course I would say that.

Kirby is great but it's as others said

Awakening has lots of references to previous games (mostly in the DLC, but elsewhere as well) but it's certainly stand-alone and a great place for newcomers. The older games can be considered a bit more hardcore and simplistic though, as well as not as broken (pair-up feature, DLC/grinding, and certain skills can quickly make the game too easy), so keep that in mind if you decide to step back to try older games later on: Awakening is very different from its predecessors, but still very good.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol Kirby is also filled with lots references to previous games. (Enemies, abilities, keychains, bosses, etc.)

Uh, I think you missed the point

I was saying that Awakening can be considered an odd entrypoint for newcomers because he might not be able to appreciate everything in the same sense that a veteran of the games has

It's not a big deal at all, I was just informing him on what it might mean to have Awakening as his first FE game

the first, second, and third "paragraphs" were pretty much unrelated (thus the separation), meaning I wasn't implying anything about Kirby, certainly not that it doesn't have references to previous games. I've played more Kirby games than I can remember, I wouldn't say that, lol :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work