Fire Emblem Fates (ROM Hacking)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Blue Sun, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Blue Sun
    OP

Blue Sun GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    I would like to know something about I problem I've been having lately. I've pre-loaded a digital copy of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and got into rom hacking. Braindump would get that error so I looked around online and someone suggested that I use HackPack to extract and rebuild a rom of a decrypted Birthright rom online. I've tried using hans to load the romfs after I finished a few things but it always takes me back to the main HBL menu after I set everything up like I would with Awakening (I use soundhax to get into homebrew). Awakening is fine but I have a physical copy of it. Can digital versions Fire Emblem Fates be rom hacked or is it only the physical copies (and while I'm at it at physical copies, does only the Special Edition work or can you also use either the physical Birthright or Conquest games)?

Last edited by Blue Sun, Jan 31, 2017
  2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    A) HANS doesn't like Fates.
    B) Digital versions can be ROM hacked.
    C) You can use either of the cartridges.
    D) I recommend you set up custom firmware by following http://3ds.guide so that you can use the NTR method to load ROM hacks.

3. Dylos

Dylos GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    Word of advice, you've broken a GBAtemp rule by saying where to find pirated software.

KunoichiZ likes this.
  4. Blue Sun
    OP

Blue Sun GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Oops, I forgot about that. I know it's kind of too late but I removed the site from my comment. I posted it up to make sure if that was a trustworthy enough site.