Fire Emblem DLC problem

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Blaze163, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Blaze163
    OP

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Lali ho.

I got the notification saying Anna has something new for me in the shape of new items, new missions, etc. But when I booted up the game, they're nowhere to be seen. I tried running the update to get them, assuming the download had been interrupted at some point, but I repeatedly get told 'unable to update' and the new DLC is nowhere to be found. Suggestions?

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Did you go to the outer realm gate? Or have you unlocked said outer realm gate yet? That's where most DLC goes~

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  3. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    The Outrealm Gate isn't unlocked until after Chapter 4, that's where you can choose to download the DLC. It's on a southern island on the map.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Have you tried going to Wireless > Bonus Box? That's where the free weekly downloads go. They should automatically appear there.

5. Blaze163
    OP

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I've finished the game several times so yes, I have Outrealm Gate open. I go to the bonus box to attempt the update process since the new stuff isn't naturally showing up there, but I get an error message.

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    What error message? "Unable to receive new data" is what happens when there is no new content to be downloaded, so maybe the game thinks it has already been downloaded? You could try waiting for this weeks update (Thursday I believe) and see if it appears. You could also try deleting FE's "Extra Data". That should leave your save intact, but I'm not quite sure what it will do exactly.