• Replies 50

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ZenZero said:
Harry potter is the Good one, remember, its twilight thats the shit one, not harry potter.... aren't you all silly...
no they both SUCK.
closedeyes.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ace Gunman said:
Maikel Steneker said:
You guys didn't like the last movie? I thought it was pretty good.
It was alright. I have a fundamental problem with content cuts, though, so I was always predisposed to not liking it as much as some.

I feel the absence of the content they remove in a very real way. Sure the core story is there, but Half the fun of the books was the students hanging around in the common room discussing trading cards and chocolate frogs. Those character driven moments are incredibly important to me, and the more recent films had to cut those to make way for the main storyline(s).

So for that reason, I'll never like the films as much as, say, someone who hasn't read the books. If I was coming in from that perspective I think they'd be more fun.
I also read the books and I do agree they were better for that reason, but I think you went to see the movies with wrong expectations. Not only would these scenes be boring to a lot of kids watching the movies, they would also become to long. Splitting the other movies was not really an option. The movies wouldn't have ended in a satisfying way.

I think the most important parts of the story were told in the movies. Even more important: the overall ambiance is, in most cases, great. The only problem is that some parts weren't mentioned in the last few movies, but I think they'll just mention them in one of the two last movies. They've got plenty of time left, so they'll probably finish it alright.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
beegee7730 said:
To be honest, I thought the last Harry Potter movie was crap.
I have read the book, and when comparing it to the movie there were important sections missing, and a whole side story about their lovelife added.
Book was 8/10, movie 4/10.
The movies suck cause they add crap in that doesn't happen or they omit important parts of the plot which totally confuses people who haven't read the novels. I read the last book in a day, it was by far and away the most intense of them all so they better make the movie do it damn justice or I will personally go and burn down Warner Brothers Studios for it.

The first 3 films were great because Christopher Columbus was directing them, they brought in some other guy to do it for the other films and Columbus became the producer, which is kinda sad cause his were so much better.

Btw, Emma Watson is hot as hell for an 18 year old
smileipb2.png
Same, it was a pretty epic read.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Maikel Steneker said:
I also read the books and I do agree they were better for that reason, but I think you went to see the movies with wrong expectations. Not only would these scenes be boring to a lot of kids watching the movies, they would also become to long. Splitting the other movies was not really an option. The movies wouldn't have ended in a satisfying way.

I think the most important parts of the story were told in the movies. Even more important: the overall ambiance is, in most cases, great. The only problem is that some parts weren't mentioned in the last few movies, but I think they'll just mention them in one of the two last movies. They've got plenty of time left, so they'll probably finish it alright.
Oh no, don't get me wrong, as stated in one of my previous posts I understand why they cut content. Children generally have short attention spans and want to get to the meat of a movie. I went into the films perfectly aware of that. However, much like the Lord of the Rings films, they could have shot all of the scenes and then released 3+ hour extended editions for the diehard fans (Of which there are millions).

Do what you want with the theatrical cut, they could make it 30 minutes long as far as I'm concerned, but provide those who want it with the literal adaptation on home video.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Overlord Nadrian said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
I never cared about about the movies before but I am really looking forward to these movies. I hope this doesn't affect the schedule and the release date.
Why do you care now if you've never cared about them before?
Well,they are releasing the last book as two whole movies. The reason I didn't like the movies was because they just cut too much of my favorite parts.Hopefully,they would be able to include most of the book and keep it enjoyable. That and I really wanna see the Battle of Hogwarts and it would be interesting to see the epilogue if they decide to include it in the movie.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Ace Gunman said:
Maikel Steneker said:

Oh no, don't get me wrong, as stated in one of my previous posts I understand why they cut content. Children generally have short attention spans and want to get to the meat of a movie. I went into the films perfectly aware of that. However, much like the Lord of the Rings films, they could have shot all of the scenes and then released 3+ hour extended editions for the diehard fans (Of which there are millions).

Do what you want with the theatrical cut, they could make it 30 minutes long as far as I'm concerned, but provide those who want it with the literal adaptation on home video.

thats my question by the way, can extended versions be found ? I havent seen any at the moment
frown.gif

I loved the extended editions of LOTR (so much more faithful) i wish they made some for the HP movies...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1