Homebrew Fire Card and Moon Shell

montyoto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been googling for a week! And I've tried so many variations of installing Moon Shell (2) that I've lost count.

It just won't work!

I have a 16G DS Fire Card (Fire Link) and a DSLite. And the card works when working other .nds files but Moon Shell will not.

I've tried patching it using "Win32" w. command prompt AND "Win32 GUI" (both from chishm.drunkencoders) with a variety of patches (I haven't found anything that is developed for Fire Card) - and every time I used a fresh copy of the original installed .nds files. Still Nothing!

unsure.gif
Any help would be appreciated

BTW. The version of Moon Shell isn't very important. I just need to play some mp3's on the DS... for now, anyway.

montyoto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks ChuckMcB

I gave LMP-ng a shot - and it almost works...
My mp3-files play but skip constantly. Do I have to do something special to the music-files before loading them onto the DS?

And by the way. I hate the iPod so I really dig this look-alike
wink.gif
I feel like getting a small justified revenge on Apple by using this.

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had a firelink too (till my dog saw it and thought it was fun) and it didn't work to me too. Think it is just crappy firelink cuz it worked on my new ak
tongue.gif

montyoto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right. I was affraid of answers like these. But thanks for your replies.

The mp3's I tried are not of the highest quality. Far from it. But the problem is consistent with 7 different mp3's (both different in quality and from different source albums).
Strangely I have more luck with ogg's but only a little. Instead of wild random skipping I just get small clicks and pops. Less evil but still evil
mad.gif

And I figure, by now, the Fire Link card is perhaps somewhat inferior.

This is quite sad since I really dig working with this card. Just connect USB cable and copy files directly. No patching or special software to communicate with the card - and so far all 'working' ROMs I've tested are in fact working on the Fire Link Card too. Until this Moon Shell and LMP-ng business. Sad!

Still... I got the card and I'm not giving it to my dog just yet - so any bright ideas are more than welcome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up