Hacking Finding Perfect Crystal Case for DS Lite

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ew, I hated that type DeVante, I don't see the need for me to always take out my NDS just so I can grab two games stored at the bottom... Wasted extra space that I didn't want.

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i hate that type too... i think my case is probably the most bulky i would go. those added space for the games make it THAT much bigger.

mine still fits in my jeans pocket, even thought its a bit tight.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those two slots barely add anything.

Trust me, I'm super picky about the smallest case I could find.

I'd rather have the two slots that barely stick out than have all my buttons and ports etc. get scratched up!

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So has anyone tried Capdase Clear Case or the Hori ones. From my own experience the Capdase Clear Case doesn't have any clips or hooks to hold onto the DS lite, but will still stay on fine. There a millimeter opening at the most when closed which is caused by the rubbery things on the side.

Dr.Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got my hori case from play-asia.com i got it in 1 week from ordering.

It fits nicely, just i tried it on both my ds's .

one fits in but the bottoms bar over the slot-2 where it closes is a bit bumpy about half a .mm

but in my other case it closes flush, but i notice it pop up a bit if i put pressure on the closing. which mind you, you dont ever really do that.

all in all im very pleased with the HORI Nintendo DS Lite Protector.

the hinges have pretty good support too considering there not overgrown and ugly like most cases ive seen.

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i was just in Taiwan so i picked up a Hori crystal case (protector) for about $10. here's my review:

it closes just about all the way. even though it uses clips to hold the case onto the DS, the case has indents on the opposite side to allow room for the clips when closed.

it has a rectangle symbol on the top cover, not the DS logo. it's basically the outline for the whole logo (one big rectangle).

the top cover does NOT cover the whole DS!! it's just like the imitation one i posted in this thread. i thought Hori would've done a better job than this.

-----------------
CONCLUSION:

i seriously do not understand why it's so hard for companies to make a case that fits the DS perfectly. here's the summary on some of the best options:

MadCatz Showcase: the top half covers the whole top of the DS, it has the logo imprinted. however, it does not allow the DS to close all the way.

Hori Protector (crystal case): it allows the DS to pretty much close all the way, and has partial logo imprinted on the top cover. however, the top half does NOT cover the whole top of the DS.

Generic crystal case from ebay: it allows the DS to close all the way, doesn't have the logo imprinted on the top cover. and it also does NOT cover the whole top of the DS.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
every crystal case has been bad luck for me. the plastic pushes against the shoulder buttons when you open the DS. Doing that many times actually starts to weaken the shoulder buttons. Opening the DS also made the shoulder buttons harder to push.

the bestskinsever crystal case seems to alleviate that problem. they minimized the protection by removing the plastic that covers the matte finish along the hinge/shoulder buttons.

edit: sorry, bestskinever is not even a crystal case. that's awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1