Hacking Finding an exploitable PS4 (Pro, specifically)

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, like many people, am trying to find an exploitable system now that many more games are now playable on jailbreakable systems. Has anyone had any luck? I'm familiar with the conventional wisdom of "look for old sealed bundles". The problem is that with the pandemic, everything sold out. I've been hounding FB Marketplace and Craigslist, asking sellers about firmware versions. Half never respond and the half that do all have the latest firmware (it seems like no one plays consoles offline anymore). If you've been successful, I'd love to hear how you did it.

Entain

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I actually did manage to find a 6.72 ps4 pro on ebay recently. I pretty much did what you said and hounded sellers. But almost all of them said it was on the latest firmware. I guess if your selling it online you might as well update it before you sell it. Now how i managed to find one was messaging one guy on ebay about his ps4. He told me it was on 7.02 but might know a friend that could have the firmware im looking for. He send me an image of it and it was a barley used ps4 pro on firmware 6.72. So i bought it off him.

So i think there is really only 3 ways you can find one. 1. (Bundles) But they are expensive, sold out and hard to find. 2. (Someone who is listing it as a exploitable unit) Which means it will also be expensive. 3. Message someone who might know someone.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That one is definetely above 6.72 if i had to guess.

What I did was buy two 5.05 PS4s used a couple of weeks ago, but then again they may be way more expensive now. But they werent Pros.. I never had any luck hounding sellers most wont respond to you or will say 7.51 or something like that. Any bundle except Last of Us II should be fine, but they may not be Pros.

Just search PS4 Pro 6.72 there should be plenty but expect price gouging.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much are ps4 pros on 5.05 going for? Are they just not being listed explicitly as 5.05, or just way too expensive? Did the new developments really raise the prices that much?

But yeah, if they don't say it, you've got to ask.

edit: Searched for "ps4 pro 5.05" and came up with a few results. 700 bucks? woof. That's quite a lot. I'm sitting on one myself, I guess now's the time to sell it, eh?

Last edited by osaka35,

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think the average seller knows about the hacks when i would ask i would get stuff like "dont worry its on latest 7.51" one just refused to tell me. Usually they wouldnt answer at all though. The average PS4 user just plays COD everyday online stays on latest firmware and would never consider doing it different. Ofc thats used new they usually dont care what firmware they have either they just sell it for what they think they can get. Then you get the 1%s like us who knows what they have and usually try and price gauge you. Thats Ebay in a nutshell.

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
How much are ps4 pros on 5.05 going for? Are they just not being listed explicitly as 5.05, or just way too expensive? Did the new developments really raise the prices that much?

But yeah, if they don't say it, you've got to ask.

edit: Searched for "ps4 pro 5.05" and came up with a few results. 700 bucks? woof. That's quite a lot. I'm sitting on one myself, I guess now's the time to sell it, eh?
around 350-400$ in my country

Reactions: osaka35

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Ghosts of Tsushima requires firmware 7.50 so its most LIKELY on a higher firmware but hard to tell.
There is no retail box in the picture but I haven't seen actual Ghosts of Tsushima bundles where the game is in with the console. My guess is that these are just normal retail PS4 Pro boxes and they are also including the game. So that wouldn't tell you anything about how recent the consoles were necessarily.
Instead of worrying about my opinion you have two choices. Take a chance and buy it or ask the seller.
I didn't know if you knew something I didn't or you were just taking a wild guess. You said definitely, so I thought maybe you knew something I didn't. Apparently, it was just a wild guess. As for asking the seller... you can't. If someone is a high-volume seller, eBay will straight-up not allow you to pester them with questions.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no retail box in the picture but I haven't seen actual Ghosts of Tsushima bundles where the game is in with the console. My guess is that these are just normal retail PS4 Pro boxes and they are also including the game. So that wouldn't tell you anything about how recent the consoles were necessarily.

I didn't know if you knew something I didn't or you were just taking a wild guess. You said definitely, so I thought maybe you knew something I didn't. Apparently, it was just a wild guess. As for asking the seller... you can't. If someone is a high-volume seller, eBay will straight-up not allow you to pester them with questions.

There's thousands of PS4s on Ebay and you are focused on just one. That's your problem.

It's not a wild guess when there's a game that just came out last week in the bundle and it's new. It's the opposite of wild. 7.0 came out October 8th 2019 Ghost of Tsushima came out July 17th 2020. I dont understand why you're arguing or wasting time on this if you can't contact the seller it is ridiculous. Dont buy and move on then or if you wanna be "right" versus me you can buy it and prove me wrong I don't care. The sensible thing would be to find other PS4s. Get your head out of the sand. Think about it you're arguing with us over something that can't be proven because you have it in your head this one listing is the only one for you.

Anyway I'm not going to get in a back and forth with you that I'm 100% sure you will want to do so I'm putting you on ignore.

Last edited by Jayinem81,
Reactions: KiiWii

CanIHazWarez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's thousands of PS4s on Ebay and you are focused on just one. That's your problem.

It's not a wild guess when there's a game that just came out last week in the bundle and it's new. It's the opposite of wild. 7.0 came out October 8th 2019 Ghost of Tsushima came out July 17th 2020. I dont understand why you're arguing or wasting time on this if you can't contact the seller it is ridiculous. Dont buy and move on then or if you wanna be "right" versus me you can buy it and prove me wrong I don't care. The sensible thing would be to find other PS4s. Get your head out of the sand. Think about it you're arguing with us over something that can't be proven because you have it in your head this one listing is the only one for you.

Anyway I'm not going to get in a back and forth with you that I'm 100% sure you will want to do so I'm putting you on ignore.
Wow, dude. I think you're reading in some hostility that simply isn't there. When you said that it was definitely a higher firmware, I thought you knew something that I didn't know. I was trying to find out what that was. That's the whole point of the thread: to try to educate myself. No one was trying to insult you.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ebay sellers are asking silly money for PS4 Pro on 5.05 or 6.27 FW. Initially I purchased a PS4 Pros from Germany for £400 in 2018 and sold it for a loss at £350 in 2019. So in my opinion a Exploitable Pro is worth between £300 - £360.

Best trying to find a PS4 Pro bundle to guarantee a lower version FW.

Last edited by proffk,

benserwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you just go to store and buy a PS4 Pro, what are the chances it is below 6.27 FW?

I could just check FW and then refund if it is not...

Jaisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New Death Stranding Pro bundle. 6.7.

Found on Ebay in about 3 minutes.

Absolutely overpaid, however. :)

P.S. I gave up on trying to find a 5.05 console.

Reactions: KiiWii

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

take your meds

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off