Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Why does Wii Backup Disc v1.3 have to be an ISO? Damn it! More downloading...
frown.gif

Well finding a torrent that works.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this trick (not a new exploit) is really just kind of a F.U.B.U. for gbatemp...it was born by minds here,
and it is something that can help some people at this moment, in the now, so to speak.

no one should be claiming any kind of brilliant ingenuity,
but no one really needs to harp on it either.

and it's not a huge deal that it might get patched,

because it's very unlikely that ninty is going to just continuously battle to lock the wii back down anyways,

so this very poor last resort will very likely not be missed.

the update the other day was their (N's) first big FireSale, and if they have even one more, I'll be surprised.

they are not going to be cracking down on things back and forth, this for that, indefinitely.
it's not their style,
and its not a worthy investment of their time and resources.

they undoubtedly realize the big loss trucha cost them from the get-go, as other bugs trickle out,
they'll move on to planning their next system.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
Why does Wii Backup Disc v1.3 have to be an ISO? Damn it! More downloading...
frown.gif

Well finding a torrent that works.

Some files are in zips if you read between the lines ... so to speak

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
"Finally, use Wad Manager that was recoded by Davi92 to work off of IOS16 to install the cIOS_fix (hopefully that is the filename in the included zip - djtaz correct me if I'm wrong), and you are on your way again!"

This bit I don't get.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
"Finally, use Wad Manager that was recoded by Davi92 to work off of IOS16 to install the cIOS_fix (hopefully that is the filename in the included zip - djtaz correct me if I'm wrong), and you are on your way again!"

This bit I don't get.

Theres a zip file hanging around out there very similar to the one i have in my signatire WITH_ all the files you may need.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
The 'cios_fix.wad' file which was in your sig?
biggrin.gif

Well thanks to this fix, it works.

My brother's Wii is set to the latest 3.3a Wii Firmware, the PAL Shop Channel works and his Wii can install WADs using 'Wad Manager 1.3'.

My Wii can install WADs using Wad Manager as well now but I still can't get into the Shop Channel. Looks like I'm going to have backup my Wii Stuff and format my Wii.

I could if I wanted to, downgrade to 3.3u (Any Region Changer now works again
biggrin.gif
) and then format my Wii which will allow me to use the US Shop Channel.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
biggrin.gif

My brother's Wii is set to the latest 3.3a Wii Firmware, the PAL Shop Channel works and his Wii can install WADs using 'Wad Manager 1.3'.

My Wii can install WADs using Wad Manager as well now but I still can't get into the Shop Channel. Looks like I'm going to have backup my Wii Stuff and format my Wii.

biggrin.gif

Does the 3.3u updater in the backuploader zip file not update the shop channel for you ?

COVEREDINBEES

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a huge newb to Wii homebrew, of course I updated and then removed IOS249. A huge thanks to everyone involved for the tools that made this fix possible and figured it out.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
RadioShadow said:
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Does the 3.3u updater in the backuploader zip file not update the shop channel for you ?

I haven't tried it let. I'll give it go know.
smile.gif

a_running_pir8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clear things up for some people that are still having problems...

In order to use everything like normal before the october 23d update, use the Wad Manager 1.3 to reinstall AT LEAST IOS30 and IOS36

Like the last link says, to ensure all homebrew compatibility, install IOS11-IOS37 from a game disc (such as GHWT or Wii Music)

I had to do this in order to install the cIOS from WiiGator as well as to run Any Title Deleter.

Hope this clears some confusion up.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and it should probably be added to frontpost, but this entire process is very UNLIKELY to work on Korean Produced Wii's.

Until I hear confirmation that it does, I say it is a negatory.

Also, you should probably thank waninkoko if you didn't already, since all three of the apps used are his orginal work (one is just his source barely modified).
I may have just missed the thanks to him.

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a_running_pir8 said:
To clear things up for some people that are still having problems...

In order to use everything like normal before the october 23d update, use the Wad Manager 1.3 to reinstall AT LEAST IOS30 and IOS36

Like the last link says, to ensure all homebrew compatibility, install IOS11-IOS37 from a game disc (such as GHWT or Wii Music)

I had to do this in order to install the cIOS from WiiGator as well as to run Any Title Deleter.

Hope this clears some confusion up.

is not the same to use the iosdowngrader??? i use it and then i could install the cios installer fromm wiigator without any problem.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
Oh, and it should probably be added to frontpost, but this entire process is very UNLIKELY to work on Korean Produced Wii's.

Until I hear confirmation that it does, I say it is a negatory.

Also, you should probably thank waninkoko if you didn't already, since all three of the apps used are his orginal work (one is just his source barely modified).
this is true, but he didn't want anything to do with wad manager running off of IOS16 if memory serves me correct

so it might be wise not to link him to this too much

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

this is true, but he didn't want anything to do with wad manager running off of IOS16 if memory serves me correct
so it might be wise not to link him to this too much

True, I would keep this pretty quiet myself like. Instead of it been one of those threads that get plastered with ifs, what's, whys, buts etc. And the name of you know who.
smile.gif

wiifan08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LAST QUESTION

After installing the ios16 and the ciosfix.wad i from djtaz sign i run the IOSDOWNGRADER so all my ios downgrade to an old version and then i install the ciosintaller and the launcher 0.3.

NOW

1) Do i need to delete the ios16 now? is there any problem that the ios16 is in my wii?
2) Do i need to delete the ios51? the iosdowngrader don't affect that ios but it gives no problem so i don't know if i need to delete it

THANKS =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Fer shizzle lol