Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

otyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hmm, odd. Now, what process did you use to get it "working" on OFW?

NP expert - load iso - re-sign 02 - Use fixed key - save - psptops3 (2.1.2) - load pbp - remaster - convert - when its generating pkg close window rename/result folder & copy folder to back to backup.

otyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Okay, thanks. I wonder what I did wrong.

when psptops3 is on the package creation step close it since it likes to delete the pbp when it creates the pklg, and since you aren't using the pkg no need to let it finish.

- Anyways I can't get it to play or get past the videos, but the intro works where it shows the warning and auto save screen :P

Pleasance13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh, okay. You're quite right. Although, it's kind of weird. I let it run all the way through again and then I took the PKG file and opened it in PkgView and it seems to contain the PBP file. Seems to be the right size. So I'm going to extract it from there and see if maybe that works out.

otyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Ahh, okay. You're quite right. Although, it's kind of weird. I let it run all the way through again and then I took the PKG file and opened it in PkgView and it seems to contain the PBP file. Seems to be the right size. So I'm going to extract it from there and see if maybe that works out.

ok let me know

Reactions: Pleasance13

Pleasance13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may or may not be a pain in the but for some but likely way to get FF-0 to work for you guys on PS3

http://wololo.net/2015/02/26/ps3s-can-now-run-psp-isos-without-a-custom-firmware/

Yeah, pretty familiar with this method now. But it hasn't been working so well with Type-0.

With the ISO, it gives you an error having to do with the Eboot needing to be signed.

With the Eboot from Sign Fake NP Expert, then converted the same way as in this process, it seems to go through better, but the best result we've had is the game booting on PS3 (OFW) and then freezing on a black screen when it gets to a video portion.

It may just be that Type-0 (at least in it's current state) is incompatible, as many games are. But seeing the release notes of V2 that say it works on OFW PS3s makes it sound as if the programmers (specifically KernelPanic) got it working. It may have been a mistake, I don't know, but now I've got the idea in my head that it works so I'm kind of determined to find a way. Haha

otyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Yeah, pretty familiar with this method now. But it hasn't been working so well with Type-0.

With the ISO, it gives you an error having to do with the Eboot needing to be signed.

With the Eboot from Sign Fake NP Expert, then converted the same way as in this process, it seems to go through better, but the best result we've had is the game booting on PS3 (OFW) and then freezing on a black screen when it gets to a video portion.

It may just be that Type-0 (at least in it's current state) is incompatible, as many games are. But seeing the release notes of V2 that say it works on OFW PS3s makes it sound as if the programmers (specifically KernelPanic) got it working. It may have been a mistake, I don't know, but now I've got the idea in my head that it works so I'm kind of determined to find a way. Haha

Even if you manually sign the eboot and add it back in to the iso it fails since fakenp (with psp2ps3), mongoose can only handle less then 2GB files, so it wont convert correctly.
Sign Fake NP Expert seemed promising but still having to run a 3gb file through psptops3 *might* be causing problems - not sure - , and kinda acts strange too with the pkg creation and removing the result folder (not supposed to do this)...

anyways I don't know what else I'll try now.

otyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I got it working as a mini (first video plays, get to menu) - new game video is now broken, but skipable. (^&*#%$& , also need to figure out why remaster didnt work

otyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Ok I have come to conclusion
On OFW PS3 , Using the game as MINI will work but have these disadvantages
1. Some Vides work some don't , first two work then after you select new game most videos will not work but most are skippable
2. Can't use remaster method

On CFW
it seems both remaster or mini work and all videos.

Pleasance13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I have come to conclusion
On OFW PS3 , Using the game as MINI will work but have these disadvantages
1. Some Vides work some don't , first two work then after you select new game most videos will not work but most are skippable
2. Can't use remaster method

On CFW
it seems both remaster or mini work and all videos.

This is great, thanks otyg! Wish we could figure out why the remaster method won't work, it's probably going to break my brain. And it'd be nice to have working videos, but I'm glad we've got a pretty decent solution otherwise. Good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...