Gaming Final fantasy type 0 on 3ds

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course is it possible, go ahead and do it. Of course they will only answer you with a standard text saying they can't say anything, if at all.
But that was not part of you question.

Niksy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ask with squadre enix? Go look on they webpage and find email. Send email them and ask if possible for port this title to 3ds. squadre enix good support will give email back and port for 3ds.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a shame they did not publish the English version for PSP. I'm waiting patiently for that fan translation to finish, but that will still take a while. Like that one author on the video games blog I used to read said "I'll never forgive my parents for not forcing me to learn Japanese when I was little" ;)
As far as I know they port the game to Vita and release it there in English, but I think that is just a rumor and not announced yet. Given Square has mor affinity to Sony hardware than Nintendo hardware I doubt they also port it to the 3DS. And like a Sony fanboy would say, lol no duuude, the 3DS is much too crappy hardwarez for that, my calcutlator has batter graphics

Reactions: signz

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's a shame they did not publish the English version for PSP. I'm waiting patiently for that fan translation to finish, but that will still take a while. Like that one author on the video games blog I used to read said "I'll never forgive my parents for not forcing me to learn Japanese when I was little" ;)
As far as I know they port the game to Vita and release it there in English, but I think that is just a rumor and not announced yet. Given Square has mor affinity to Sony hardware than Nintendo hardware I doubt they also port it to the 3DS. And like a Sony fanboy would say, lol no duuude, the 3DS is much too crappy hardwarez for that, my calcutlator has batter graphics

Well, that can be debated, the part about Square Enix having more affinity to Sony, in Japan, Dragon Quest games sell more than Final Fantasy games yet the majority of them have been released in Nintendo consoles, recently there's IX released for the DS, X released for the Wii and Wii U and then there's the three DQ remakes DQ Monsters, DQ Monsters 2 and DQ VII (which was previously in PSX), they also released Kingdom Hearts 3D for the 3DS and Bravely Default... Dunno how many games they've released for the Vita but for the 3DS it's been 5 of them so far. Also, it wouldn't be the first company to re-release a PSP game on the 3DS.

Reactions: insidexdeath

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm just not sure, that we will see a 3ds port of this game. square couldn't even be bothered to make a american version of type 0 when it came out, final fantasy is big on both sides of the world. despite the recent set back with their newer titles, look for a psp vita english final fantasy type 0 if anything. while the 3ds is powerful, i think it will miss a chance to have this great title ported to it.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, that can be debated, the part about Square Enix having more affinity to Sony, in Japan, Dragon Quest games sell more than Final Fantasy games yet the majority of them have been released in Nintendo consoles, recently there's IX released for the DS, X released for the Wii and Wii U and then there's the three DQ remakes DQ Monsters, DQ Monsters 2 and DQ VII (which was previously in PSX), they also released Kingdom Hearts 3D for the 3DS and Bravely Default... Dunno how many games they've released for the Vita but for the 3DS it's been 5 of them so far. Also, it wouldn't be the first company to re-release a PSP game on the 3DS.
Yeah I know, that's what I only said Square and omitted the Enix part. The Dragon Quest guys seem to like Nintendo hardware more then the Final Fantasy guys. For many years, almost all that Nintendo consoles get are Crystal Chronicle games and remakes. Yeah I know, it would not have been feasable porting FF 13 to Wii, etc. (Btw, why didn't SqEnix release the nice 2D remake of FF4 also for DS, not only the kinda shitty looking 3D remake?)
Don't get me wrong, I'd buy Type-0 for 3DS, but I don't think it will happen. It will probably too much work for them. And I still have the feeling they don't have any real strategy for Final Fantasy on the 3DS (or the Vita) yet, but that's totally subjective. We'll perhaps see at TGS.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 3DS port sounds like more work than Square would be willing to put in.

They couldn't bother with a translation, why would they bother recoding a PSP game for a 3DS system, translate it, Add touch screen features and make it in 3D (because you know they pretty much will despite people not caring about that crap). They have the ffx and x-2 ports, kh3, probably some other kh handheld game on vita cause theyre dicks like that, ff14, ff15, bravely default localization, and probably a shit-ton of other pointless crap like stuff we dont want but will pay for like mobile games.

If type 0 isnt planned for a ps3 or psv release, we're probably not ever going to see it outside of japan. To Square, Type 0 was probably seen as a failure because they put a ton of work into it and released it to a japan-only crowd who wasn't that psych'd for it to begin with since the psp was dieing. Square probably won't invest much in failures.

The best thing you can do for Final Fantasy at this point is buy that shit-tacular game bravely default when it comes out and hope for the best.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

They couldn't bother with a translation, why would they bother recoding a PSP game for a 3DS system, translate it, Add touch screen features and make it in 3D (because you know they pretty much will despite people not caring about that crap).
From what I understand apparently SqEnix even translated the PSP version to English, but did not want to do the last 3 months or so of QA and release it as they did not deem the US/EU PSP market viable any more at that time. At least someone who supposedly works at Square claimed that to some respected of some forum, can't remember which. So it should be treated as a rumor with a bit dubious/unknown sources.
At least some people seem to be eager to release to in English if they have a chance (see Tabata's quote in the Type-0 Wikipedia). The sure thing is, the translation from GBATemp members is underway and is progressing steadily so far, so we'll probably have an English PSP version some time next year either way.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

They couldn't bother with a translation, why would they bother recoding a PSP game for a 3DS system, translate it, Add touch screen features and make it in 3D (because you know they pretty much will despite people not caring about that crap). They have the ffx and x-2 ports, kh3, probably some other kh handheld game on vita cause theyre dicks like that, ff14, ff15, bravely default localization, and probably a shit-ton of other pointless crap like stuff we dont want but will pay for like mobile games.

If type 0 isnt planned for a ps3 or psv release, we're probably not ever going to see it outside of japan. To Square, Type 0 was probably seen as a failure because they put a ton of work into it and released it to a japan-only crowd who wasn't that psych'd for it to begin with since the psp was dieing. Square probably won't invest much in failures.

The best thing you can do for Final Fantasy at this point is buy that shit-tacular game bravely default when it comes out and hope for the best.
The thing with Type-0 was the same as to why Digimon ReDigitize for the PSP and some oher games weren't released over here, the PSP wasn't selling that well anymore and it wouldn't be a good investment to release it into a dying system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/