Filezilla not working with taihenkaku beta?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by W0rm_, Nov 18, 2016.

1. W0rm_
    OP

W0rm_ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Aurora, Illinois
    So in a nutshell, I was stupid enough to delete vitashell and it's updater bubble because I couldn't get vitashell to update. I downloaded a vpk for the newest version and loaded up molecularshell 1.42. I press select to start the ftp transfer and load up filezilla. Everything looks fine, I can see all my stuff there but when I try copying vitashell to my vita it wouldn't do it. I'd instead get:
    Error: Critical file transfer error after transferring 524,288 bytes in 1 second
    I honestly don't know what to do, Is there anyway of completely removing henkaku from my system and doing a fresh install of it or maybe a fix to get ftp to work?

2. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    I'm getting the same error just now and I'm on taiHENkaku R7 Beta.

3. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Try copying the vitashell vpk into an existing directory, eg data, then installing from there.
    From the 'Status: Directory listing of "/ux0:" successful' part, it appears you're trying to transfer a file to the root of ux0: via molecularshell.

I never had any problem with the transfer as I always copied into an existing folder with the new, safe molecularshell. Just tested and you get a 550 response writing to ux0: = permission denied.
    Even with unsafe homebrew enabled, molecularshell is still 'safe homebrew' so has limited access.

Last edited by Count Duckula, Dec 4, 2016
  4. Gorre

Gorre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    Can't you just do the .mp4 transfer method? Or is vita qcma connection failure a rather common problem?

5. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    For me at least FTP is a lot easier and QCMA is only preferable if I need to transfer some very large files. It also doesn't require the vita to be activated.