files corruption using AKAIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by someuser08, Mar 1, 2009.

Mar 1, 2009
  1. someuser08
    OP

Newcomer someuser08 Member

United Kingdom
    I seem to have come across this problem a few times, but I can't consistently reproduce it. I happen to use file operations like copy/paste/cut/delete a lot and every once in a while something weird happens. A few examples:
    • I was deleting files one by one and suddenly one file was not deleted but stayed there with a generic 'Save' icon even though it had extention of just NDS. I tried deleting that several times and bang - the full folder was just emptied (I had 100+ files in there)...
    • I was doing cut/paste and file was moved but was showing generic 'Save' icon in the destination folder as well and could not be loaded. I looked at the file under windows and it was 32K file instead of 16Mb that it was supposed to be.
    Clearly something is broken somewhere, but I can't tell exactly what triggers this kind of behaviour. I wonder if that had anything to do with options "copy/cut sav with rom" and "delete sav with rom" enabled?

P.S. I never had problems doing all this using original firmware...

2. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    yes
    clearly something is broken somewhere.

now whether it's on your side or ours needs to be confirmed.

formatted, less files in a dir, etc.

MicroSD cards are nice but they are not the most "reliable" media, especially for copying and pasting to/from itself.
    You admit you have tons of files, and that you use this a lot.

If it hurts when you touch your elbow, don't touch your elbow.
    If it corrups when you use cut/paste a lot, don't use cut/paste a lot.

I have never had any problems.

P.S. - The official firmware is so far off our code it isn't funny. Apple and friggin' Desk Chairs at this point in comparison.

3. z.g

Member z.g GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
    the old libfat has buggy delete. i got ofen lost clusters after deleting. this was main reason to migrate to last devkit and last libfat.

4. kenman1

Member kenman1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    it happen to me to but i was trying to download a 1.52 gb worth of meromy i gusse it was my mirco sd card

5. geek_power

Newcomer geek_power Advanced Member

Canada
    [My first post on GBAtemp, wouhou!]

I had the same problem. I got a lot of corrupted files when I tried to copy/paste/delete files in any way. Plus, I always got "memory allocation error" when I tried to do a backup of a save file. I finally found out that it occurs when there are a lot of files in the same directory, like about 60 files or more. This can be really annoying, especially when you have to put all your mp3s in the same directory to listen to them as a playlist with MoonShell. Smiths, is it possible to fix it? That would be greatly appreciated!

6. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Weird... This hasn't happened to me. So the issue is because there are too many files in one folder? Have you considered maybe sorting the files or MP3s by Genre or file size?

Maybe that would help. And congrats on making your very first post.

7. geek_power

Canada
    [My second post on GBAtemp, wouhou!] (just kidding!)

Firstly: I did some tests, and I found out the exact limit: 128 files. If there is more than 128 files in any folder on the memory card, you will experience a lot of problems.

Secondly: The MP3 thing was just an example, I am not using MoonShell for now, but it is a good example because MoonShell doesn't support playlists. So if you want to listen to all your, let's say, 300 songs randomly in a row, just like a playlist, you must put them in the exact same directory. But with the 128 files limit, it's a real problem. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are using MoonShell on Acekard with AKAIO... Anyway, in my case, it was my NDS backups folder wich caused problems, so I sorted my ROMs and it now works.

Thirdly: Thanks (for the congrats)! [​IMG]

8. geek_power

Canada
    I added the bug to the AKAIO bug tracker. This is a really nice feature by the way!