Field Runners system transfer problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Stevo_l33, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Stevo_l33
    OP

Stevo_l33 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys, really hope I can get some help. So I have downgraded and installed ALH9 many many times on friends and my own 3DS's old and new but I tried via Field Runners method for the first time on a 11.1 system. The whole process from Plailect's giude went really smooth (done step by step, to the letter) and so did the system transfer. The only catch was both target and source systems said success but then the target one for some reason gave an error afterwards but booted fine. Field Runners did not transfer over so I have tried the method linked a couple dozen times and it will not show up on the SD card to copy it over. How can I tell if the system transfer was even successful? I restored my source system and cannot do another system transfer on either system for 7 days. What the heck am I missing? Thanks in advance. Heres the topic I tried for the save transfer.
    After doing the DSiWare Downgrade, my hacked save is gone
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_dsiware

@vb_encryption_vb tagging encase I just need to send another system to you :)

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You could check the 3DS "name" to see if it's the same on both systems (settings, other settings, profile)

3. Stevo_l33
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Good call! So they are different. Crap. So I guess my only options are wait the 7 days at another chance or hardmod?

4. Stevo_l33
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Anybody know how to re-try the transfer? Like will calling Nintendo and tell them it didn't work allow me to transfer again?

5. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    sorry im here again at a random thread but wana ask, if i wana downgrade the target N3DS, it has to be system formatted and the micro SD as well before attempting all this right?

6. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    You need to learn how to use paragraphs.

As for your 3ds, you're screwed. Wait for 7 days before trying again.

7. Stevo_l33
    OP

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Don't really need to but thanks for the advice!

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If the target has an NNID you'll have to format it to be able to do the transfer, otherwise you don't.

One you've successfully downgraded the NATIVE_FIRM and are doing the main downgrade, there's no need to format because the only consequence of not formatting is a soft brick where you have to update, but that won't bother you because you have Fieldrunners and can do the NATIVE_FIRM downgrade again. In fact formatting is a bad idea at that point because that will delete Fieldrunners so it won't be there if you need it again.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Sep 26, 2016
    owek1 likes this.
  9. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    @Quantumcat thanks for clarifying that to me..i was afraid of resorting to hardmod, my N3DS is still new.. i will do the downgrading later as soon as i get home from work..your answer put me at ease with this downgrading process..

Quantumcat likes this.