Hacking Few question about WUP

Gamer4eternity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have bought Splatoon, Zelda BOTW and few other games but i am collector so i want to keep them factory sealed so i was thinking about downloading them using wii u usb helper and following this guide (for some reason i cant post link to the guide i want to use so here is name of guide "Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory" posted by BurningDesire here on gbatemp) but i have few questions

1 i currently dont have 64GB sd card so i cannot dump my MLC (i have already dumped otp, seeprom, slc and slccmpt just cant currently backup MLC) how important is backing up MLC if i am only using wup installer loadiiine and loadiine.ovh (no custom firmware or patches), also does installing trough wup installer leave any traces after uninstalling game except tickets

2 is it confirmed safe for both offline and online (i would like to play Splatoon online without having to unseal my original disc)

3 if i get banned i can unban myself by editing serial in xml file?

4 can i update the games using wup installer

5 can i update the game using eshop?

and finally and probably most important, i block updates using DNS (i dont spoof firmware or anything else, only DNS), if i run NNU patcher to update games and acces eshop to buy and download games is it gonna update my firmware (i am on 5.5.1), so will running NNUpatcher cause wii u to ignore my dns block and update to 5.5.2?

Sorry if this is already asked but i researched little bit and just want to confirm i have correct information and can proceed to use wup installer to install games to NAND or USB and play online

Last edited by Gamer4eternity,

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) So long as you don't install any critical system titles, you'll be fine without an MLC dump.
2) WUP installed games are fine to play online.
3) Yes.
4) Yes you can.
5) Yes, but only if you run NNUPatcher or have your firmware spoofed.

Reactions: Gamer4eternity

Gamer4eternity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) So long as you don't install any critical system titles, you'll be fine without an MLC dump.
2) WUP installed games are fine to play online.
3) Yes.
4) Yes you can.
5) Yes, but only if you run NNUPatcher or have your firmware spoofed.
and is there risk of my wii u updating to new firmware if i load nnupatcher since i dont spoof my firmware, also does it make any difference if i never put my legit disk (since it is still factory sealed) in my wii u before doing this

And just one more thing, i dont have CFW or any signature patches so in USB helper i can install only games that dont say cfw only in title, i cant install games that have cfw only ib their title correct?

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and is there risk of my wii u updating to new firmware if i load nnupatcher since i dont spoof my firmware, also does it make any difference if i never put my legit disk (since it is still factory sealed) in my wii u before doing this

And just one more thing, i dont have CFW or any signature patches so in USB helper i can install only games that dont say cfw only in title, i cant install games that have cfw only ib their title correct?

Based on what I read in the OP, you use loadiine.ovh to load Homebrew. Do NOT update to the new firmware UNLESS you have Haxchi or CBHC installed, as 5.5.2 patches the old reliable browser exploit.
It makes no difference whether or not you put the disc in. It works just like any downloaded game from the eShop.
You can easily get sigpatches and CFW running with Mocha CFW. Just run Mocha before you try to play a CFW-only game, or a game with DLC installed.
I think you can install any game (CFW only or not) without CFW, but you will get error code 199-9999 when you try to run it or a corrupt DLC error.

Reactions: Gamer4eternity

Gamer4eternity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on what I read in the OP, you use loadiine.ovh to load Homebrew. Do NOT update to the new firmware UNLESS you have Haxchi or CBHC installed, as 5.5.2 patches the old reliable browser exploit.
It makes no difference whether or not you put the disc in. It works just like any downloaded game from the eShop.
You can easily get sigpatches and CFW running with Mocha CFW. Just run Mocha before you try to play a CFW-only game, or a game with DLC installed.
I think you can install any game (CFW only or not) without CFW, but you will get error code 199-9999 when you try to run it or a corrupt DLC error.

I know 5.2.2 blocked browser exploit, thats why i asked can i run nnupatcher to update games and acces eshop without risk of firmware update :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol