Fear 3, scary?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I was just wondering if yous had played Fear 3 and if you thought it was scary or not...

This is the first game that has ever scared me, I'm freaked out and only up to interval 4 or 5...

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think Fear 3 was scary for the most part. Some moments in the game made me paranoid, but other than that I thought it wasn't very scary at all!

Go play Amneisa The Dark Descent. I started playing it and holy shit I feel so paranoid the entire time I'm playing that game, really really scary game.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't think Fear 3 was scary for the most part. Some moments in the game made me paranoid, but other than that I thought it wasn't very scary at all!

Go play Amneisa The Dark Descent. I started playing it and holy shit I feel so paranoid the entire time I'm playing that game, really really scary game.
I've actually got that, got it in a bundle a while ago, have yet to test it out.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically F.E.A.R 3 turned into what Resident Evil did. Scares that you can expect.

When the first F.E.A.R came out, that was a mindfuck of a game. It literally scared the hell out of me. F.E.A.R 2 was okay, not as great, but still had it's moments. 3 is better than 2, but the scares are.. well you can tell when they're coming.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even in the remotest bit scary. First one (at the time) while I wouldn't say was scary did do creepiness nice enough but then last time I played that was with headphones which always makes these games more intense.

Can't say games scare me apart from the last world of Mario Bros. 3 and you've used your best power ups and lives are scarce...of course I'm talking about the original NES one where if you died you have to start the world all over again and grind your way through.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Almost none of the modern day "horror" games are scary. Most of them nowadays are either FPS's trying to be scary with predicable jump out scares or action adventure games with monsters growing arms out of their tits.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead Space and Lone survivor(some other indie games) seem to be the only recent games with a decent horror aspect. Hopefully there are more but I don't really pay much attention to PC games. I hope the upcoming Asylum and The Last of us bump up the genre. Silent Hill went downhill and pretty much every other game is having the horror aspect removed little by little.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for the third game, but the first game didn't pack much in the scare department (for me at least, anyway). I can't see F.E.A.R. 3 being the title to change all that.

Now, that's not to say it's; I've heard it's a decent enough game. If your looking to wet your pants in fear, though, you might want to look elsewhere.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not even in the remotest bit scary. First one (at the time) while I wouldn't say was scary did do creepiness nice enough but then last time I played that was with headphones which always makes these games more intense.

Can't say games scare me apart from the last world of Mario Bros. 3 and you've used your best power ups and lives are scarce...of course I'm talking about the original NES one where if you died you have to start the world all over again and grind your way through.

God that was so hard when you had to go through the world again after a gameover. Losing all your power ups and lives. Might as well just start the whole game over, you'd have a better chance of beating it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead Space and Lone survivor(some other indie games) seem to be the only recent games with a decent horror aspect. Hopefully there are more but I don't really pay much attention to PC games. I hope the upcoming Asylum and The Last of us bump up the genre. Silent Hill went downhill and pretty much every other game is having the horror aspect removed little by little.
I enjoyed Lone Survivor a lot, it really did the tone well. That is what these modern games are lacking, its tone. I have to admit I was freaked a little with Half Life mod They Hunger. That had the tone that was required.

One major problem a lot of these titles have is that they make your character too powerful. Like with Resident Evil games, you feel like a one man army so you never really feel there is a threat PLUS a lot you feel like you have infinite lives so when you die...you just go back to the last checkpoint...no biggy. It takes a lot of the tenseness away knowing that making a mistake isn't a big deal.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as scary games go the F.E.A.R. series got less scary as it went on.
If your looking for a scary game though Frictional Games knows definitely what their doing with Penumbra and Amnesia. The atmosphere in those games is amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr