FBI won't launch @ Homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Mey, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mey
    OP

Mey Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi, I am trying to hack my 2ds xl using the 3ds.hacks.guide. Currently, I am stuck at section 4. I can open homebrew, but when I try to launch FBI, it just refreshes to the homebrew page. This is also happens when launching ctr-no-timeoffset. Do I have to download something else to solve this?

Before following this guide, I had followed the steps for Steelminer for homebrew. So I did skip a few steps (incl the step to get the moveable.sed).

I got another question as well, the JK save monitor doesn't work anymore. I get a messasge with "the homebrew exploit does not have support for launching app under target titles." Can I just follow the steelminer guide again, using another app as a front?

I hope this makes sense, thanks!

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You are suppose to use Rosalina if you are up to section IV.

Last edited by Hayato213, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Mey
    OP

Mey Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    Netherlands
    It's seedminer right? Because I followed that guide as well, downloaded b9s, luna and I got the dsi ware (all those steps worked). Or did I skip something important?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oops, didn't see your reply. Yeah I think I am using Rosalina, because I opened the Rosalina menu. Do I have to remove steelminer (if that even works like that) to make it work?

Oh! I already know the problem. I used homebrew with steel diver, because I thought that would work as well, but I had to use download play. Okay, very dumb.

Thanks for your help!

zacchi4k and Hayato213 like this.
  4. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia

STEELMINER/STEELHAX DOES NOT ALLOW CFW INSTALLATION OR USE OF FBI ETC

5. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    He wasn't trying to use Steelminer to install CFW, he was using it instead of the Download Play + Rodalina in the Finalizing setup part

6. specialk242

specialk242 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United States
    Hey guys i just read this and i am having a very similar problem, the only thing is i am launching homebrew from the download play w/ rosalina to launch the FBI, but it just goes black on me every time. The actual file when i am about to launch it has a question mark over it, do i have the wrong file? I cannot figure out what i am doing wrong right now.

Never mind ya'll i just looked and my 3ds file was in there but it was 0 bytes so i re-downloaded it again and it works now, thanks for the ideas