FBI Update Error

Lehnah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello folks,

I just tried to update my FBI instal (it's been a while) and received the following error. Any suggestions of how to fix this? Sorry for the bad quality images.

PXL_20230222_143234912.jpg PXL_20230222_143239414.jpg

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
That's not an FBI updater it's a Luma updater, and it's outdated and no longer works. Use Universal-Updater for both now, if you need to update FBI to get Universal-Updater installed then you'll to manually download the CIA, copy it to your SD, and install it with your current FBI. Alternatively install Universal-Updater manually from SD and use that to update the rest, either works.

Reactions: Lehnah

Lehnah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not an FBI updater it's a Luma updater, and it's outdated and no longer works. Use Universal-Updater for both now, if you need to update FBI to get Universal-Updater installed then you'll to manually download the CIA, copy it to your SD, and install it with your current FBI. Alternatively install Universal-Updater manually from SD and use that to update the rest, either works.
Oops, I feel stupid. Thanks for the explanation!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s not only that… The project is archived. It hasn’t had any updates in 3years. Except for correcting the URL for the builtools submodule, and that does nothing but help you to clone and build it yourself.

Reactions: Lehnah

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can completely remove any Luma stuff from my system?
How did you get that, from this thread? The title is about FBI. And no, you don’t need to remove it. It’s archived, because there is nothing else to be done with it. In the author’s view, it is complete and will never require another update. With no more 3DS support from Nintendo, I’m inclined to agree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s