Homebrew FBI Stuck on Yellow Screen

oldum77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I get into the main details, I want to tell you about my 3DS. I do have CFW installed on it, which is A9LH. It is an original model 3DS, with the latest firmware.

FBI used to work for me on this 3DS, but now I thought about installing FBI as a CIA file so I no longer have to worry about going through the Homebrew Launcher. After installing SteelHax, I launched the Homebrew Launcher, loaded up FBI and... it froze on a yellow screen. I tried multiple times to the same avail.

I read about how FBI needs CFW to run, but it shouldn't be a problem, since I do have CFW. Does anyone know what might be going on here?
Thanks in advance.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I get into the main details, I want to tell you about my 3DS. I do have CFW installed on it, which is A9LH. It is an original model 3DS, with the latest firmware.

FBI used to work for me on this 3DS, but now I thought about installing FBI as a CIA file so I no longer have to worry about going through the Homebrew Launcher. After installing SteelHax, I launched the Homebrew Launcher, loaded up FBI and... it froze on a yellow screen. I tried multiple times to the same avail.

I read about how FBI needs CFW to run, but it shouldn't be a problem, since I do have CFW. Does anyone know what might be going on here?
Thanks in advance.
Just boot FBI via Rosalina

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Just boot FBI via Rosalina
erm.... The OP clearly says he's using A9LH. Rosalina came out after the transition to B9S, I'm pretty sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks in advance.
Running it from the Homebrew Launcher is the issue here. If you don't feel like updating, you can install FBI like we used to back in the day (overwrite Health&Safety, then use that to install the FBI CIA)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

oldum77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
erm.... The OP clearly says he's using A9LH. Rosalina came out after the transition to B9S, I'm pretty sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Running it from the Homebrew Launcher is the issue here. If you don't feel like updating, you can install FBI like we used to back in the day (overwrite Health&Safety, then use that to install the FBI CIA)
Okay, thanks! That actually worked! Albeit, I had to get an older version of FBI (it said the file was too big to overwrite the H&S app) but I did replace it and installed the FBI.cia file. Thanks again!

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, thanks! That actually worked! Albeit, I had to get an older version of FBI (it said the file was too big to overwrite the H&S app) but I did replace it and installed the FBI.cia file. Thanks again!
Yeah, it's been a long while since people have done that, glad you got it working!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.