FBI Boot Error!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by clearieak, Apr 25, 2017.

1. clearieak
    OP

clearieak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2012
    United States
    Hihi! So a super long time ago (Like close to 5 or 6 months ago lol) I ended up getting a cfw / hourglass / homebrew all working on my 3DS, but couldn't get FBI to work for some reason (I forget why. lol I was probs just sleepy or something, and just gave up.) But I ended up getting it on my homebrew screen, and after launching see that it gives me a critical error
    Kernel Backdoor Not Installed

I'm not sure exactly what that means. =/ Can someone help? (Super duper sorry if this has been answered before!)

TLDR - When I Boot FBI I Get This Screen: Kernel Backdoor Not Installed --- How do I fix it?

OH AND P.S. My CFW Is Luma, and I use Soundhax for my Homebrew launcher. ^-^

P.P.S Would fasthax or waithax work for this problem? (i'm 11.2.0.35 U) I really don't want to have to bother with downgrading right now. x-x

Last edited by clearieak, Apr 25, 2017
  2. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Crimson-Fyre

Crimson-Fyre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    power on system holding select to access luma config and enable Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access .... that worked for me tho i am also using latest luma too however it may not matter

Xiphiidae likes this.
  4. rikumax25!

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    thats unsafe and not the best option

5. Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    it would allow FBI.3dsx to run and then afterwards disable it again ... i would recommend installing the FBI cia while running the 3dsx tho so this doesent happen again

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Why do that when you could inject to health and safety?

7. Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    less messing around in NAND? ... your method would work as well tho

8. clearieak
    OP

clearieak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2012
    United States
    Okay. Um 1 more question! I actually already have a lot of these files on my SD Card. Should I just pretend as though I don't, and replace anything that the guide tells me to dl?

9. rikumax25!

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    if you already have them, you dont have to download them

10. clearieak
    OP

clearieak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2012
    United States
    Oh okay! I wasn't sure if there would be version differences with the stuff I do & don't have. Thank you all very very much for helping! I'll reply and let you guys know later if I finally get it ahaha!

11. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Well that's exactly why you SHOULD redownload everything and replace it. Half the things you have installed probably have updates or replacements, leaving your stuff the way it is leaves yourself prone to incompatible programs and just more troubleshooting later. Always, always, always stay as updated as you can without making things worse. Always.

12. clearieak
    OP

clearieak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2012
    United States
    Oh hey one more thing! I have hourglass9 instead of Godmode9 already inside of my payloads folder (in my luma folder) It's just "start_Hourglass9.bin" should I leave it there when I add the godmode9, or should I remove it?

Super duper sorry if I overlooked that somewhere haha

13. rikumax25!

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    leave it there

14. clearieak
    OP

clearieak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2012
    United States
    ok so now im all like confused lol On this guide it says I should already be on 2.1.0 (Im continuing from part 5 like you said) and I'm not. (And it doesn't mention anything about downgrading)

I remember doing this in the past, and downloading arm9 now btw. I still have a bootable thing in my hombrew titled "SafeA9LHInstaller". I also remember backing up a ton of stuff and storing them somewhere on my PC incase of a Brick. =o I'm all confused again haha.

15. rikumax25!

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    so
    start from the Injecting FBI section

16. clearieak
    OP

clearieak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2012
    United States
    Yeah but that's why I got confused in the first place haha (Like before I posted the thread.) I seen that, but whenever I press start hourglass9 comes up instead of luma3ds chainloader. Should I just rename hourglass9 or something in the meantime?

17. rikumax25!

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    yeah, also make sure you have latest luma

clearieak likes this.
  18. clearieak
    OP

clearieak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2012
    United States
    Ahhhh thank youu!!! Goes to figure 2 hours of my life wasted since I didn't realize I had to rename hourglass. QQ I got it now though! Downloaded all the .cias and everything!

Thank you very very much again for helping. Same to the others! ^-^