FBI and CFW problem

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Lyuksus, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Lyuksus
    OP

Lyuksus GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    So if i wanna install a cia on my new3dsxl , it says the error message that i cant be higher than 9.2 , and cant install a CIA on 9.2 2+ but i am on 9.2 and should be able to do it , whats wrong about it? thx for every reply

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You need to be more detailed. Tell me

What CFW are you using?
    Sysnand or emunand
    homebrew fbi or cia fbi?

If you haven't even setup a cfw then you can't install cias. Just cause you downgraded doesn't mean your able to install all the cias you wanted without setting up a custom firmware.

3. Lyuksus
    OP

Lyuksus GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I have reinand , and emuNAND, and i tried installing with the fbi.cia , my sysnand version is 9.2 .

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Your in the reinand cfw while installing the cia right? (tip enter reinand and do sliderhax and install fbi.cia) Also this should go into flashcarts and custom firmware section

5. phant0mg33k

phant0mg33k Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    You need to set up a CFW to get those puppies installing. If you want to install to SYSNAND you need to set up either Minipasta, or install RXtools holding L on boot and selecting Devmode under advanced options. Personally I use reinand when booting EMUNAND for installs and Rxtools to install on SYSNAND.

CFW set up:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

6. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    He said he setup reinand. He can't install fbi.cia onto reinand

7. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    He probably needs to inject FBI into Health&Safety on emunand.

8. phant0mg33k

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    Ah
    My bad. Did you add you /DBS/ folders inside your NINTENDO3DS and add blank text file saved all types Named "title.DB", and "import.DB" in that "dbs" folder. then open system settings got to software magement and open 3ds software and let that reset your data base?

9. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
  10. Lyuksus
    OP

Lyuksus GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yeah

Thanks very much for the answears and tips everyone :) ^^ hopefully i can get it with the injekting into health and safety thingy.

11. phant0mg33k

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    Alright, I had to do the same on my N3DS the first time i decided to install FBI To NAND yeah injecting to health and safety fixed it for me.

Best of luck!