FBI After System Update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Squall_Leonhart, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Squall_Leonhart
    OP

Squall_Leonhart Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    I've recently set up rxTools on my O3DS and installed FBI over my Health & Safety app on EmuNAND. If I were to update EmuNAND, what would happen to FBI? Thanks in advance!

2. Osga21

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Nothing, it would stay exactly the same, system updates don't mess with titles in your console

3. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    Install BBM as a counter measure. It's always good to have alternatives just in case.

4. Squall_Leonhart
    OP

Squall_Leonhart Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    Thanks guys!

5. Ailuros27

Ailuros27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    Hmmm... Sorry to bump this, but I seem to specifically recall scary language in a console's service agreement about unauthorized stuff being removed. Maybe it was Wii or Wii U, but I'm not gonna complain if I'm wrong on this one. :D

6. Osga21

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Of course nintendo doesn't want you messing with their stuff, no company wants that, but who the hell cares, they can't sue you for hacking YOUR console

7. Ailuros27

Ailuros27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    I'm not worried about legal action. I just seem to recall something saying unauthorized stuff would be forcibly removed, such as game saves or games. If my CIAs are safe, then I'll update.

As far as the legal implications of modding/hacking, I agree with you. So long as I'm not stealing anything or ruining someone else's experience, I should be allowed to do what I want with a device I own.