Favourite Book?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Perhaps "Brave new world", it is very short and nice.
Or "1984", it is also very short and nice.

I love those two with some special regard. But I think the one I like the most it is brave new world.
H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine" is also very nice.

I think I just like old very short and well written dystopic science fiction.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm reading now A Daughter of the Samurai by Sugimoto. I can't tell this is my best book, but it's very interesting. It's a real story about traditional japanese family told by one member. (so called biography, right?)

Last edited by plasturion,

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
All time fav has to be "a tree grows in Brooklyn"
Also American gods (and everything by Neil Gaiman), Carrie, The Great Gatsby and Jane Eyre. I have so many more but don't know which to include so i'll stick to current fav books.
Edit: can't believe I didn't include Haruki Murakami. go for any of his books and you'll be good.

Last edited by haxan,
Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All time fav has to be "a tree grows in Brooklyn"
Also American gods (and everything by Neil Gaiman), Carrie, The Great Gatsby and Jane Eyre. I have so many more but don't know which to include so i'll stick to current fav books.
Gosh, Gatsby was great. I read it for the first time on ikureader (ds homebrew ebook reader) - the book was actually included as one of the default books distributed with the homebrew.

That thing was great. I actually used to read a ton of books on my DS back in the day. I read Brothers Karamazov on there too - a great book if you're looking for something.

moviepost

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Dairy Queen Series by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. I read the books after i graduate high school and leave such a great message to me.

Last edited by moviepost,

ginger_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anna Karenina was the first classic book I really liked. It had lots of unique interesting characters and good writing style. I felt all the emotions the characters had, so it was really hard to read it at the end.
So, as we usually wrote at school (argh, headache): "I highly recommend this book'.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-