Favorite spin-off?

DoctorDizzyspin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To keep things simple, let's just define "spin-off" as a Metal Gear game that isn't part of the Kojima's Metal Gear Saga, so basically anything other than the MSX games, numbered Solid games, and Peace Walker.

Personally, I like Ghost Babel and Rising the most. The former is a really impressive GBC game that's also really fun and has amazing music, and Rising is just a really fun hack-and-slash with really good vocal songs.

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't gotten around to any of the spinoffs yet, but I'm really looking forward to trying Ac!d. I love tactical games and the idea of a Metal Gear one just sounds awesome, with all the fun references they could hide in the cards and stuff.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
My goodness how could no one have said Survive yet? It just looks sooooo fun.

:mellow:

Ac!d looks pretty fun, and maybe since it's non-canon now, Portable Ops counts as a spinoff, but I'm most interested in seeing what's going on with Raiden in Revengeance. I've been going through all the MGS games, and the whole time I was playing V, I was just thinking how cool it'll be to get past it and move on to Revengeance, haha.

Reactions: DoctorDizzyspin

DoctorDizzyspin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revengeance is what introduced me to hack-and-slashes and PlatinumGames! It's not without its faults, but it's really really fun! Plus the music is just amazing.

Portable Ops is good too, though I kind of need to replay it. The only thing I can remember from it is Calling to the Night.

mstr_k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Acid! is for me the most interesting spin-off, although in the end I got a bit bored (for example I won't play Acid! 2), but managed to finish it and was a quite different take.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: