DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
My GF and I love playing games together. As a child I loved playing board games all the time. Just over the last few months I was introduced to Catan first on Xbox Live Arcade then the actual game at a friends house... awesome, now have the XBLA version currently, and am picking up my own copy of Catan, plus the Catan Dice game (for short gaming sessions when there is only the two of us). We went for Dice version because we also love Monopoly Express, which is a great Dice interpratation of Monopoly. I just got Ticket to Ride on XBLA and am loving that too. So the question is to everyone... do you play board/card/dice games? And what is your favorites?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
risk (original or the lord of the rings version that was picked up a few years ago mainly)
Trivial pursuit (usually science of general if I am playing) although it gets to the point where are the questions get memorised.
"Settlers" I have no idea what it is really called but you have hexagons of different colours and you build roads and towns and the game is won by points.

Cards:
Shithead (called many different things but that is what I know it as). About 5 different variations in common play.
Sevens: deal cards between everyone and try to make full suits laying 1 card in turn.
Freecell: just because. Second though most solo card games I enjoy.

I could go on for a while but I have things to do today so I will cut it short.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Current:
- Pandemic
- Puerto Rico
- Munchkin
- Arkham Horror

We play boardgames to take a break off school/work/computers/drinking lol...

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Definately Monopoly, Uno and Cluedo. The Game Of Life used to be good as well. I used to play those 'Nightmare' games a lot too, the ones where you watch a video that guides you through the game. They used to be a bit scary when i was younger. Haven't played any boardgames for years now though.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For card games, there's president, or shithead as fast6191 calls it. Many different variations in the rules though. Also, pig, spit, slapjack, and definitely ERS. For board, chess, monopoly, and scrabble are fun.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We play Munchkin (mostly Call of Cowthulu 1+2) and Family Business for our card game fix. I'd like to get back into CCGs, but I don't have the room in my budget to invest in cards constantly.

We don't play board games much, although I'm tempted to buy a copy of Labyrinth and I'm always on the look out for a used copy of Talisman.

As for dice games, all we really play is Six Dice.

I'm tempted to get some D&D books and turn my kids into RPGers, but my wife says the kids are already geeky enough as it is.

Draxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
-Monopoly
-Uno this game is my favorite ^^
-Lodo (is a Norwegian game i don't know what is called in English...)

DjFIL

OP
Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
FAST6191 said:
"Settlers" I have no idea what it is really called but you have hexagons of different colours and you build roads and towns and the game is won by points.

Yes, that would be Settlers of Catan. Catan as I short formed it. I love the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol