Fatal Frame III/Project Zero III ghost list problem

Waveracer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about Project Zero III/Fatal Frame III running on Retroarch (PCSX2, Series X). I get points for taking photos of the benign ghosts (500 or 1000). I reached the first save point and correctly saved. However, the ghost list doesn't show any ghosts at all before and after saving. The photos appear in the photos menu and in the albums if I save one but there is no photo or ghost in the ghost list. Does anyone know how to fix this? I restarted the game and tried again several times but no luck. Thanks.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
could be a memorycard problem ala drakan the ancient gates try ro uncheck both (auto-eject and automanagement) in the memorycard manager and start a completely new save another question would be do you use savestates? some titles(like HP- Chambers of Secrets) doesnt like using savestate at all

Waveracer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply. No, I don't use save states because they are not supported. The virtual memory cards work fine, I can save and load the game. How do I boot to BIOS and get to the memory card manager?

Waveracer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ohhhhh srry i just saw that u said u where on series x so i wont be a help at all
There is a "System boot to BIOS" option but it says "restart content required" and when I restart content, or close it, that option is off again. No way to access the memory cards manager yet. Do you have any other idea? It's so weird that the ghost list doesn't fill up because in the other games whenever you take a photo of a malevolent ghost it's automatically stored in the ghost list, not depending on saves, the current ghost list is updated as you take photos. The ghost list is part of your current progress and your current progress is eventually saved in the memory card. The fact that the ghosts don't appear in the ghost list when I take a photo of them looks like another kind of issue, what do you and others think?

EDIT: Is there anything like a controller shortcut to access the memory manager like on GameCube? I think that the problem is not related to the memory card but I'm just curious now.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so my guess was: first i thought of drakan there is a bug that if auto eject and auto management were enabled that the intern memcard id would change and the game would think its another memcard and it wouldnt save or load so u were softlocked and the other thing that came in my mind was back when i played the hp game i mentiont above i would get the exact same thing but not with a ghostlist but with those collectable wizardcards (i was 100%sure i had some but in the cardmenu there were none) the culprit was using savestates so started a new game and had to use only ingame saving

Waveracer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so my guess was: first i thought of drakan there is a bug that if auto eject and auto management were enabled that the intern memcard id would change and the game would think its another memcard and it wouldnt save or load so u were softlocked and the other thing that came in my mind was back when i played the hp game i mentiont above i would get the exact same thing but not with a ghostlist but with those collectable wizardcards (i was 100%sure i had some but in the cardmenu there were none) the culprit was using savestates so started a new game and had to use only ingame saving
Thanks for your replies. I don't have a way to check the card manager to uncheck the auto-eject and auto management, though.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did u manage to fix ur problem? i visited a friend who got a series x with dev mode and pcsx we played(pal version of project zero 3 not the fatalframe one) to the point u mention above and we couldnt get the same result our ghostlist was "normal" wich pcsx core version are u usin? and did you change some settings or just default setting?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft