Hacking Fatal Frame 4 English Translation Patch

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys I'm new on the forum. Actually this topic is the reason i decided to sign up.

Whan can I do when the wii is version 4.3 ? Can i still play the game? i tried the 4.2 patch but it wouldn't worked, when i tried to load the sd card an error came up and said the data was corrupted or something like that. so will it be possibly for me to play the game? is there another way or a new patch?

SFS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to replace the old translation files on the ISO with the english updated ones (from the Spanish team) and I'm following the instructions using WiiScrubber, but when I'm trying to load the partition, WiiScrubber refuses to load and says that the file is too big to load.

What should I do? I can't find an ISO with the updated patch.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load this game from NeoGamma as pop up about save data, but somehow it start to froze in spot and I press home button and wont pop up wii menu for home button. What can I do?

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I als
I'm trying to replace the old translation files on the ISO with the english updated ones (from the Spanish team) and I'm following the instructions using WiiScrubber, but when I'm trying to load the partition, WiiScrubber refuses to load and says that the file is too big to load.

What should I do? I can't find an ISO with the updated patch.

I also have this problem. If anyone has a solution please let us know.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I figured it out. Here's how to do the update (I edited the steps)

You need Wiiscrubber (1.4) + partitionbuilder (1.1).

Load ISO in wiiscrubber

Extracting key partition files:
1. Expand Partition:2 (DATA)
2. Right click + extract the following files:
-partition.bin
-boot.bin
-bi2.bin
-apploader.img
-main.dol

Save them all to a folder like "ff4sys" or something.

Data files: Right click Partition:2 (DATA) -> Unencrypted Partition -> Extract
Save to a folder like "ff4data" or whatever you want.
Patch files: Download + Extract the update files. You need to copy these to the appropriate folders in the data files partition you extracted ("ff4data" in my example). These are the corresponding paths:

main.dol -> main.dol (replaces main.dol in ff4sys folder you created)
RSL -> RSL
Miya -> Miya
Finders -> Hide
Item -> Hide/Item
*ignore the madoka folder it's simply a replacement skin which is a spoiler

Rebuilding the partition:
1. Open partitionbuilder.exe (make sure you have version 1.1!!)
2. Load up the files it needs (extracted to "ff4sys" in my example).
3. Source file directory is the data partition you extracted to a folder ("ff4data" in my example).
4. Click build, remember the filename you saved it as.
5. Wait. When it finishes, exit partitionbuilder.

Back to Wiiscrubber:
1. Right click Partition:2 (DATA) -> Unencrypted Partition -> Load -> Open the partition img you built in partitionbuilder.
2. Wait. Once it finishes you can exit Wiiscrubber and you'll be all set.
*if it says "file is too big to load" right click on partition:2 and select resize partition. copy the hex code from the maximum size into the box and click okay. you should be able to load the img now.

if you have an untouched Japanese iso simply do the original steps before the update steps.

Reactions: SFS

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The text layout improved ALOT, the words don't mount in each other as the first patch, I think they fix some misspeling erros too, great work.

I use the unpatched version, overwritte the patch files from the previous one with the new ones (it's necessary to keep all the files from the first patch, since not every file is overwriten by the updated patch), then apply those with iso builder, I though it could give problems, but it was painless.

I couldn't apply the update patch directly becuase for some reason WiiScrubber didn't let me open the patched ISO.

Red Joker

GBATEMPer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just wondering, is it possible to insert the costumes permanently as well?
USB Loading now is much comfortable than disc loading, that's why I converted my ISO to wbfs.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering, is it possible to insert the costumes permanently as well?
USB Loading now is much comfortable than disc loading, that's why I converted my ISO to wbfs.

from what it looks like you need to pick one costume to have switched out in the .wbfs at a time

open the game with your favorite program and swap out the costume
just take the 'a' 'b' or 'c' off the end of the costume name and switch with the appropriate file name (i would back up the original one first) and rebuild

looks like they costumes are found in the data/files/rsl

izm2z6.png

matt9210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I figured it out. Here's how to do the update (I edited the steps)

if you have an untouched Japanese iso simply do the original steps before the update steps.

Hey, I realise this is an old post, but wondering if someone can help me?

Definitely a newbie to all this, so I'm not too clear on the instructions. I think I've got it right, but I'm not 100% sure. I've put what I did in the spoiler below (no actual spoilers, promise!):

Starting from a clean ISO, I transferred all the original patch folders to the 'ff4data' folder. I then copied the update files as so:

Merged updated RSL folder with old one, replacing any Windows recognised as duplicates. Did the same with the Miyu folder.

I put the 'Finders' folder in the 'Hide' folder.

I put the 'Items' folder into 'Hide', and then merged it with the existing old 'Items' folder, again replacing all files Windows recognised as duplicates.

I copied the 'main.dol' file from the updated patch folder to replace the 'main.dol' file in the 'ff4sys' folder I previously extracted in step 2 of the 'Extracting key partition files' step posted in nervx's post.

Then followed the rest as listed.

Is all this correct?

The only thing I've noticed not translated so far is the 'Menu' screen in the game. Is this supposed to be in English? Strikes me as odd the efforts they've gone to to translate everything else but not this xD

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I realise this is an old post, but wondering if someone can help me?

Definitely a newbie to all this, so I'm not too clear on the instructions. I think I've got it right, but I'm not 100% sure. I've put what I did in the spoiler below (no actual spoilers, promise!):

Starting from a clean ISO, I transferred all the original patch folders to the 'ff4data' folder. I then copied the update files as so:

Merged updated RSL folder with old one, replacing any Windows recognised as duplicates. Did the same with the Miyu folder.

I put the 'Finders' folder in the 'Hide' folder.

I put the 'Items' folder into 'Hide', and then merged it with the existing old 'Items' folder, again replacing all files Windows recognised as duplicates.

I copied the 'main.dol' file from the updated patch folder to replace the 'main.dol' file in the 'ff4sys' folder I previously extracted in step 2 of the 'Extracting key partition files' step posted in nervx's post.

Then followed the rest as listed.

Is all this correct?

The only thing I've noticed not translated so far is the 'Menu' screen in the game. Is this supposed to be in English? Strikes me as odd the efforts they've gone to to translate everything else but not this xD

try again from scratch. follow my steps slowly and you should be good. I just played the game all the way through a few weeks ago and everything is translated/dubbed. the only thing that isn't is the title screen logo and a few words some ghosts mumble.

Reactions: matt9210

matt9210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try again from scratch. follow my steps slowly and you should be good. I just played the game all the way through a few weeks ago and everything is translated/dubbed. the only thing that isn't is the title screen logo and a few words some ghosts mumble.

Cheers for the quick reply!

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm not entirely sure I understand your steps xD Well, just this bit regarding the files:

Save to a folder like "ff4data" or whatever you want.
Patch files: Download + Extract the update files. You need to copy these to the appropriate folders in the data files partition you extracted ("ff4data" in my example). These are the corresponding paths:

RSL -> RSL
Miya -> Miya
Finders -> Hide
Item -> Hide/Item

Again sorry to sound stupid, but I'm guessing the 'Item -> Hide/Item' instruction means the 'Item' folder from the new patch goes into 'Hide', and then the 'Item' folder within that, replacing all files from the old patch? I did this with all the updated patch (so put the 'Finders' folder into the 'Hide' folder). And just to repeat what I said in my previous post, I replaced the 'main.dol' file I extracted to the 'ff4sys' folder with the one from the patch. I used every file from the patch except the madoka folder or the Zero4 .xml file. I've attached what my ff4data folder looks like.

Also noticed that the 'Album' page isn't translated, but the instructions when you press Z are. And the Chapter screens aren't translated either.

WiiScrubber did say it was bad when it finished attaching the partition I made, but the game still runs, just a bit wary of coming across problems later in the game. Did what I said I did twice and it was bad each time (it wasn't an error that came up, just bad in brackets next to the game).

Cheers again for your help!

ff4datafolder.jpg

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Again sorry to sound stupid, but I'm guessing the 'Item -> Hide/Item' instruction means the 'Item' folder from the new patch goes into 'Hide', and then the 'Item' folder within that, replacing all files from the old patch?

the files inside the Finders folder are copied into the Hide folder
the files inside the item folder are copied into the item folder inside the hide folder
do not copy the folders themselves, only the files inside.

you need a clean jpn iso before following the patch steps.
as I said before everything is translated with the exception being the title screen and the odd ghost noise.

You need Wiiscrubber (1.4) + partitionbuilder (1.1).

Step 1------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load ISO in wiiscrubber

Extracting key partition files:
1. Expand Partition:2 (DATA)
2. Right click + extract the following files:
-partition.bin
-boot.bin
-bi2.bin
-apploader.img
-main.dol

Save them all to a folder called "ff4sys"

Step 2------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save to a folder called "ff4data".

RSL -> RSL
Miya -> Miya
Finders -> Hide
Item -> Hide/Item

Step 3------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebuilding the partition:
1. Open partitionbuilder.exe (make sure you have version 1.1!!)
2. Load up the files it needs (extracted to "ff4sys" in my example).
3. Source file directory is the data partition you extracted to a folder ("ff4data" in my example).
4. Click build, remember the filename you saved it as.
5. Wait. When it finishes, exit partitionbuilder.

Back to Wiiscrubber:
1. Right click Partition:2 (DATA) -> Unencrypted Partition -> Load -> Open the partition img you built in partitionbuilder.
2. Wait. Once it finishes you can exit Wiiscrubber and you'll be all set.
*if it says "file is too big to load" right click on partition:2 and select resize partition. copy the hex code from the maximum size into the box and click okay. you should be able to load the img now.

Reactions: matt9210

matt9210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the files inside the Finders folder are copied into the Hide folder
the files inside the item folder are copied into the item folder inside the hide folder
do not copy the folders themselves, only the files inside.

you need a clean jpn iso before following the patch steps.
as I said before everything is translated with the exception being the title screen and the odd ghost noise.

Massive thanks! Got everything translated at last. I was copying the folders over too, not just the files. And I copied the Menu folder to the root of the ff4data folder instead of putting the contents into the Miya folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.