Hacking fat32 vs exfat problem issue

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using ReiNX.. my SD CARD is: SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB Micro SD HC 1.

I format it to Fat32 and ReiNX boot just fine and I can play backup games just fine but I hate the split things. Its annoying... Anyway if I format it to exfat and ReiNX boot then Nintendo Logo then black screen. Is SanDisk having an issue ? I wonder.

I don't like fat32 because of 4gb issue so I prefer exfat. I don't care about homebrew. I prefer backup games only. HELP?

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ReiNX has issues with exFat if I'm not wrong.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Firmware are you on?

My switch is already throttle to AutoRCM and 3.0.0 with 5.1.0 but I erased fat32 with sd so I cannot use it unless.I have to do it again but I want to use exfat sd card with all ReiNX folders in it. I have it backup on hard drive that I transfer from fat32 sd card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I send messages on this thing? lol

LOL. Easy. Click my username and you will see PM and send it to me. Your name and Discord so I can find you.

By the way, I return to fat32 with everything and my switch boot to CFW now just in case. :)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ReiNX has issues with exFat if I'm not wrong.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

you're wrong, it doesn't. it works fine.

I'd assume you didn't install the exfat update for your switch.
you can using choidujournx by installing the same firmware again that you're already on.

you'll have to go back to fat32 to do that though

that said, if you ever plan on using homebrew like retroarch, you're better off remaining on fat32 ad you'll otherwise corrupt data and that will mean reinstalling games and getting back cfw files and such. the splitting really isn't that bad unless you have to work with very limited space on your hdd.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Shift-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. Easy. Click my username and you will see PM and send it to me. Your name and Discord so I can find you.

By the way, I return to fat32 with everything and my switch boot to CFW now just in case. :)
Yea.....you probably don't have the exFAT update then. I clicked on your name but there is no option to PM you (might be disabled).

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're wrong, it doesn't. it works fine.

I'd assume you didn't install the exfat update for your switch.
you can using choidujournx by installing the same firmware again that you're already on.

you'll have to go back to fat32 to do that though

that said, if you ever plan on using homebrew like retroarch, you're better off remaining on fat32 ad you'll otherwise corrupt data and that will mean reinstalling games and getting back cfw files and such. the splitting really isn't that bad unless you have to work with very limited space on your hdd.

Resolve it and everything is fine now. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway