ROM Hack FAQ: PokeSav

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
In Pokésav, if I try to make a level 9 or under Mew for someone, and put in correct evs and ivs, and everything else, will the GTS let me trade it? Like what criteria does the GTS system use to single out hacked pokemon from legit? I know if I make a pokemon with 255 evs per stat it will reject it, and one with 31 ivs across the board will get rejected too because they can only have 31 in one stat naturally. (if I'm not being stupid. I could be wrong.)

soccertim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error message:

"Cannot copy file : Parameter is incorrect."

When I try copying my Pokemon Pearl Save from my R4DS to my computer.

Any help people??

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh, if you use a flashcart they'll disqualify you

well i'm not using a flash card....i'm using a ori cart....so will they know if i pokesav my pokemon?

thanks.

oh, well, if you had a magikarp with sheer cold, fissure, horndrill and lockon or something, its obvious

remember to upload it to the gts to test if its ok

QUOTE(lacrymosa967 @ Oct 7 2007, 06:05 AM)In Pokésav, if I try to make a level 9 or under Mew for someone, and put in correct evs and ivs, and everything else, will the GTS let me trade it? Like what criteria does the GTS system use to single out hacked pokemon from legit? I know if I make a pokemon with 255 evs per stat it will reject it, and one with 31 ivs across the board will get rejected too because they can only have 31 in one stat naturally. (if I'm not being stupid. I could be wrong.)

i dont think they would block it, but you might try and make one of the level 10 mews

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
oh, well, if you had a magikarp with sheer cold, fissure, horndrill and lockon or something, its obvious

well duh...i'm making a legit pokemon....and GTS accept my pokemon well...so i guess i'm good to go....

anyway, i heard that to make a lv.9 and under mew, you have to make a legit mew with correct stats, iv, move and 85h value...once the GTS accept your mew as a legit mew, edit the lvl to lv.9, do not edit everyhitng else other then the lvl..GTS should accept your lv.9 mew as legit mew.....and do not put that lv.9 mew into your storage or it will reset the stats to lv.9.

Scytheandsickle

Trophies
XP
Country

well duh...i'm making a legit pokemon....and GTS accept my pokemon well...so i guess i'm good to go....

anyway, i heard that to make a lv.9 and under mew, you have to make a legit mew with correct stats, iv, move and 85h value...once the GTS accept your mew as a legit mew, edit the lvl to lv.9, do not edit everyhitng else other then the lvl..GTS should accept your lv.9 mew as legit mew.....and do not put that lv.9 mew into your storage or it will reset the stats to lv.9.
Here's what you do:

Make a legit looking mew. Have the 85h at 00. Now make its level 30, go to stats edit and hit all max. It should say level 30 in the stats edit window. Now in the normal window, not the stats edit one, change the level to 1. DO NOT GO TO STATS EDIT AND HIT ALL MAX. Your mew is now level 1 and level 30. Level 30 to get through the legit filters and 1 to fit the criteria.

DO NOT PUT IT IN THE PC. IT WILL RESET TO LVL 1 and not be tradable on the GTS.

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that, and for some reason it didn't work. I had only 1 IV at 31, and the rest were below. I also left the EVs untouched, and all the hex #s are 00 by default so I didn't touch that. There were no ribbons attached either and the condition values remained at 0. My attribute was for the Timid nature, and that's all I had selected. This pokémon is NOT SHINY.

Here are some screenshots of what I have entered. (The first one is downsized a little so it doesn't stretch your screen.)

mewpagemi9.png

statseditgh8.png

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
hey y don u use the pokesav with the smaller font
it does exactly the same its just...smaller
biggrin.gif

My pokesav is just one font size. I DOWNSIZED THE PICTURE TO ELIMINATE SCREEN STRETCHING.

(People these days...
dry.gif
)

Anyway, that didn't answer my question, or contribute to the conversation. So if someone wants to help, I'd definately appreciate it.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey y don u use the pokesav with the smaller font
it does exactly the same its just...smaller
biggrin.gif

My pokesav is just one font size. I DOWNSIZED THE PICTURE TO ELIMINATE SCREEN STRETCHING.

(People these days...)

Anyway, that didn't answer my question, or contribute to the conversation. So if someone wants to help, I'd definately appreciate it.
Well you did mention that Pokesav stretches past the bottom of your screen, so you'd be better off using one of the GUI mods.

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
I like to get all my ribbons legitly, though and not only that, but I can always pull down the start bar on my windows computer to hit all max on condition if I really wanted to. I'm not much of a contest fan, I just make pokémon for battling purposes. This version works fine for me, and I'm happy with it anyway. I'm just excited that I finally own an AR (and I don't need to borrow my friend's) so I can do all kinds of fun stuff with it like walk through walls in pokemon or make myself invincible in one of my other favorite games.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if you had looked just slightly above the post you made in the other thread, you would see I've already answered your GTS Mew question.

soccertim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error message:

"Cannot copy file : Parameter is incorrect."

When I try copying my Pokemon Pearl Save from my R4DS to my computer.

Any help people??

Scytheandsickle

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that, and for some reason it didn't work. I had only 1 IV at 31, and the rest were below. I also left the EVs untouched, and all the hex #s are 00 by default so I didn't touch that. There were no ribbons attached either and the condition values remained at 0. My attribute was for the Timid nature, and that's all I had selected. This pokémon is NOT SHINY.

Here are some screenshots.
You forgot the region.

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by region? I have Kanto filled in for the place met and Kanto (Fire Red) for the hometown bit... if you're talking about the country, the dropdown menu doesn't list America in my Pokesav. It just has Japan and a bunch of European countries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or if i have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...