viviexe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have been using my switch since launch and have gotten atmosphere running on it. Recently the fan has been going at full speed all the time...

I have checked the internal temps and it never goes above 55 degrees and it start the heavy fan work at 40 degrees. I have tried opening the console up to replace the original thermal paste with some arctic silver. It helped a little but the fan is still very aggressive. It worries me to play portably :( . Is there something I can do with software or hardware that would reduce the fan speeds?

I have a secondary switch for online play so I can get the fan part from it if that would solve it as well.

Any info on how the fans work would help as well! thanks :)

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have been using my switch since launch and have gotten atmosphere running on it. Recently the fan has been going at full speed all the time...

I have checked the internal temps and it never goes above 55 degrees and it start the heavy fan work at 40 degrees. I have tried opening the console up to replace the original thermal paste with some arctic silver. It helped a little but the fan is still very aggressive. It worries me to play portably :( . Is there something I can do with software or hardware that would reduce the fan speeds?

I have a secondary switch for online play so I can get the fan part from it if that would solve it as well.

Any info on how the fans work would help as well! thanks :)

You should still be ok to play portable.

The other thing you could try replacing the fan unit completely. I did this along with new thermal paste and heat pads on the RAM chips and my switch is cool only time fans ramp up is when I am playing games where i have asked it to overclock because of mods and even so it never goes above 55 odd.

I think the switch has a cut off of around 85/90 degrees anyway.

D

Deleted User

Does this also happen on SysNand? Just wondering if you might have a custom fan profile installed.

viviexe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you @burhansalih. I will start looking into replacing the part. Will let you know if it works :)

@fallguy441 I just boot in using fusee-primary, does that automatically go in SysNand or EmuNand ? I have been banned from online so early it didnt matter trying to tip-toe around nintendo haha

can I use a custom fan profile to make the fan relax ? if so where should I look to find out how

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you @burhansalih. I will start looking into replacing the part. Will let you know if it works :)

@fallguy441 I just boot in using fusee-primary, does that automatically go in SysNand or EmuNand ? I have been banned from online so early it didnt matter trying to tip-toe around nintendo haha

can I use a custom fan profile to make the fan relax ? if so where should I look to find out how

if you look under the system tab once you boot into atmosphere if you have an S at the end I think that means your on Sysnand..

I don't think custom fan profile is being used unless your using sys-clk in which case you would know.

viviexe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So yes I am on sysNand. I currently do not have custom fan profile but I use sys-clk as a .nro to check my temps.

I will investigate this so thank you very much for all this info :D I havent looked yet but i assume if i want to use custom fan profile i need to be in emuNand right?

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So yes I am on sysNand. I currently do not have custom fan profile but I use sys-clk as a .nro to check my temps.

I will investigate this so thank you very much for all this info :D I havent looked yet but i assume if i want to use custom fan profile i need to be in emuNand right?

Hi fella, no you can use sys-clk on both I thought...although I only ever use it on Sysnand....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.