Famicmon AV mod issue.... troubleshoot

Rock_the_Psycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
famicom has a rolling screen after composite mod. I’ve rebuilt the circuit 4 times now and still getting the same problem. I thought it might a sync issue but after the third mod attempt it was working fine until I put its shell back on, the rolling came back.

https://console5.com/store/nes-toploader-nes-101-and-famicom-composite-av-mod-kit.html

This is the board/schematic I went off of. Hope some one here can help me with this and point me in the right direction . I really Don’t want to go through the hassle of make a new account to a new forum. Thanks

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. An AV Famicom has composite out right from the box. You just use any old Nintendo multi-out cable. Yellow-composite video, red-right, white-left.

It's getting S-video and RGB that require modification.

I think the US toploader has only RF-out, which is why you'd want to mod for composite. But composite is still pretty bad, and almost useless with modern TV's.

Rock_the_Psycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. An AV Famicom has composite out right from the box. You just use any old Nintendo multi-out cable. Yellow-composite video, red-right, white-left.

It's getting S-video and RGB that require modification.

I think the US toploader has only RF-out, which is why you'd want to mod for composite. But composite is still pretty bad, and almost useless with modern TV's.
i think you might be misreading what i posted. i have a famicom that im trying to do an AV mod too, im not modding an av famicom, Ive already rgb modded the top loader

Reactions: Hanafuda

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
famicom has a rolling screen after composite mod. I’ve rebuilt the circuit 4 times now and still getting the same problem. I thought it might a sync issue but after the third mod attempt it was working fine until I put its shell back on, the rolling came back.

https://console5.com/store/nes-toploader-nes-101-and-famicom-composite-av-mod-kit.html

This is the board/schematic I went off of. Hope some one here can help me with this and point me in the right direction . I really Don’t want to go through the hassle of make a new account to a new forum. Thanks

If it’s happening after reassembling, that would make me think either a solder joint has come ‘loose’, something is maybe shorting or there’s some kind of interference.

If you disassemble it again, does it immediately go away?

Are you still connecting it to RF or is this composite only?

Reactions: Hanafuda

Rock_the_Psycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it’s happening after reassembling, that would make me think either a solder joint has come ‘loose’, something is maybe shorting or there’s some kind of interference.

If you disassemble it again, does it immediately go away?

Are you still connecting it to RF or is this composite only?
no more RF i ripped it off the pcb.

ive completely disassembled the fami, ive also add little jumper wires to the compostie mod board, just in case there is a bad trace. im going to give it one last try, but going to build the compoisgte circuit from scrath and pull voltage from the 7805

Last edited by Rock_the_Psycho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...