Gaming False advertisement by Nintedo

Do you purchase games for the marketing campains or do you test them first if they are available ?

• i buy games for the marketing campains and many times regret it

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I test them before i buy them no matter how good the trailer or marketing campain is

Votes: 45 88.2%

• Total voters

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Its not new , that False advertisement has been around for a long time on many companys and in many products.
But how usefull or commercial gaining proofit is for a company to lie ?
i have senn many games form Nintendo statment that they are the best games ever and when you get it , it really bad , or either lie about how many copies of a game they have sold ,, arnt you gonna buy one ?

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think he's complaining about the poor quality of the games. Is that correct?

It's true that some games are crap. It's something that have been happening since the Nintendo DS. But I think that the games available for the Switch are pretty good in general. Not all of them, but most of them are. What is true is that are very expensive, much more than the same version for other platforms. It's also true that many games are remakes form previous consoles (Zelda, Mario Kart) and there are many other ports, but, hey. They are nice, anyway.

Reactions: matias3ds

khaeroup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone elaborate?

Basically he's saying that most of times advertisements are just to increase the hype even if the game is shitty.
So his question is: Do you trust nintendo advertisements and immediately buy the advertised game (and then maybe regret it) or are you skeptical and prefer to try the game out first (in any possible manner)?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't think the OP quite understands what "false advertisement" really is. False advertisement is creating adverts that depict something that isn't actually part of the product and promising that it is part of that product. So if Gamefreak were to promise a new Pokemon game and advertise Mario as being part of the game and he wasn't, that's false advertising. A game not being as good as the discrimination makes it out to be isn't false advertising. The advert has to be promising a feature(s) that aren't actually in the game to be false advertising.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Basically he's saying that most of times advertisements are just to increase the hype even if the game is shitty.
So his question is: Do you trust nintendo advertisements and immediately buy the advertised game (and then maybe regret it) or are you skeptical and prefer to try the game out first (in any possible manner)?
If the advertisement is "live action" (no gameplay)? I look at other sources. If it has a demo, I try it. I quit caring for advertisements back in 2005.

Reactions: Jonna

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Most of it what realjumy elaborate . I cant remember so many crap games for third companies in a console as Switch has right now , its kinda ... we have 500 games in our console between digital and physical ,, ho and 16 of those 500 are good games !
I mean cmon there are some games that look that has been ported from an Android phone

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not new , that False advertisement has been around for a long time on many companys and in many products.
But how usefull or commercial gaining proofit is for a company to lie ?
i have senn many games form Nintendo statment that they are the best games ever and when you get it , it really bad , or either lie about how many copies of a game they have sold ,, arnt you gonna buy one ?
yes this is just marketing works

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Most of it what realjumy elaborate . I cant remember so many crap games for third companies in a console as Switch has right now , its kinda ... we have 500 games in our console between digital and physical ,, ho and 16 of those 500 are good games !
I mean cmon there are some games that look that has been ported from an Android phone
a game being bad on your opinion is not false advertisement... i hate realistic racing games so im not gonna enjoy any of them even if they are good or not...

Its like Fortnite , for my is just advertising y played for like 5 minutes and i didnt like it .
tastes are subjective, just because you don't like them doesn't make them bad, i don't like fortnite either but alot of people do, you need to respect there are other tastes in games except yours.

Also there is no false advertisement on switch or else they would get sued, marketing is always marketing, same way infomercials work, they make a shredder be the best device on earth and when you buy it, its just a shredder but nothing they said makes it false advertisement since it can indeed do what they advertised.

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think the OP quite understands what "false advertisement" really is. False advertisement is creating adverts that depict something that isn't actually part of the product and promising that it is part of that product. So if Gamefreak were to promise a new Pokemon game and advertise Mario as being part of the game and he wasn't, that's false advertising. A game not being as good as the discrimination makes it out to be isn't false advertising. The advert has to be promising a feature(s) that aren't actually in the game to be false advertising.

No man sky is prime example of bad advertisting. So many poor people suckered into that and it was a flop. So many promises and all were lies. I have no idea if the game was ever fixed.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False advertising is like Hello Games getting sued for advertising features that weren't in No Man's Sky at all, buying a game and deciding you don't like it is not false advertising.

Reactions: Skittyusedcovet

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its like Fortnite , for my is just advertising y played for like 5 minutes and i didnt like it .
Isn't Fortnite free as well? You don't even lose anything from trying out the game outside of your time. That's a considerable improvement over 99% of the video game market where you have to put money down before you have a taste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s