Gaming False advertisement by Nintedo

Do you purchase games for the marketing campains or do you test them first if they are available ?

• i buy games for the marketing campains and many times regret it

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I test them before i buy them no matter how good the trailer or marketing campain is

Votes: 45 88.2%

• Total voters

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i have senn many games form Nintendo statment that they are the best games ever

If you've seen many statements from Nintendo saying that the game being promoted is "the best game ever", then you won't have a problem being able to link to just one such instance, will you?

Misleading adverts are of course an issue, however, in many areas - email of course being one of the most prolific. Every time one of my domains is due for renewal I get a "Domain Expiration" notice that is in every way made out to seem like it's an offer for renewal of the domain itself when it is, in fact, trying to sell SEO for the domain. At the bottom of every mail is a disclaimer saying that the subject and content are in no way misleading. I think it's safe to say that, if an advertisement feels the need to state that it isn't misleading, it probably is. :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Here's a nice example of false advertisement . You buy any Wii game that states that has online gaming or online support . And then you realize that wii doesn't have online support anymore , yet in the back of the box it doesn't say online support until March 2014 .
Si you bought it and they lie , because it doesn't have online support , isn't that false advertising ??? :-)
seriously never readed such Bullshit before.

False advertisement is not cancelled online at all... games offer online if online servers are still up, if you do read the little letters they basically say
"online services may be withdrawn on reasonable notice" just read the damn small letters they say this on nintendo, sony and xbox games because they cant guarantee lifetime online.

And here's another false advertising :
When the Nintendo Switch was initially announced, multiple AAA games were revealed for the console, one of them being Ubisoft's snowboarding game Steep. However, no news had been announced since the Switch developers reveal video, leading to a fan inquiring about the status of the game on Twitter. The official Steep account replied, casually letting everyone know that the Nintendo Switch port of the game has been officially cancelled. Instead, a focus will be put on new content and updates for the existing PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One versions of the game. Steep originally launched on December 2, 2016, and the Switch version was announced on January 7, 2017.
Again no false advertisement since they have no control over what games are made or cancelled, false advertisement is acquiring something that doesn't do what the ads suggested, since nothing was released nothing was false advertisement...

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
seriously never readed such Bullshit before.

False advertisement is not cancelled online at all... games offer online if online servers are still up, if you do read the little letters they basically say
"online services may be withdrawn on reasonable notice" just read the damn small letters they say this on nintendo, sony and xbox games because they cant guarantee lifetime online.

Again no false advertisement since they have no control over what games are made or cancelled, false advertisement is acquiring something that doesn't do what the ads suggested, since nothing was released nothing was false advertisement...
If i bought a game that says that has online play feature , and it doesnt either because the servers are down , or they dont want to keep them up anymore or whatever is False advertising .
It will not be False advertising if on the back of the game will say ,, Online gaming free and available until March 2010 .
The if you buy the game in 2012 you can say hey wait the online gaming could be for a fee now or not even exist .

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so ridiculous. Anyway, yea, sometimes I buy games on a whim and sometimes they aren't great, but wouldn't really say I feel regret over these instances.

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Also the game boxes i mean just plastic and a paper sheet cmon ,, if you bought physycall you will problably cherish the game if it has a metalic box or a booklet , and this only happends with limmited editions or editions that are realeased month after the original , and you think i want theis collectible edition .

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Also the game boxes i mean just plastic and a paper sheet cmon ,, if you bought physycall you will problably cherish the game if it has a metalic box or a booklet , and this only happends with limmited editions or editions that are realeased month after the original , and you think i want theis collectible edition .
even dlc codes on every release have an expiration date lol everything expires, you cant hope to buy almost retro games and have all features they had 20 years ago lol, is like your buying a sega channel from 20 years ago and expect their servers to work and be live today...

they don't put dates because there is no prediction when it will close off servers.

your just grasping at straws really, and you can have online on wii games just use wiimifi lol everyone can get their wii hacked in 5 minutes.

Reactions: matias3ds

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait Nintendo has false advertising and also use slaves in modern days !!! I'm not buying any more games to Nintendo or maybe 2 or 3 ... buy only if they didn't use too many slaves .
Wich country ate the slaves from ?? Are the same slaves that Apple use to assamble the iPhone in China ??
Oh my god...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most of it what realjumy elaborate . I cant remember so many crap games for third companies in a console as Switch has right now , its kinda ... we have 500 games in our console between digital and physical ,, ho and 16 of those 500 are good games !
I mean cmon there are some games that look that has been ported from an Android phone
That's still not false advertisement, that's just normal marketing. If they aren't promising false features, then it's not false advertisement.
If i bought a game that says that has online play feature , and it doesnt either because the servers are down , or they dont want to keep them up anymore or whatever is False advertising .
It will not be False advertising if on the back of the game will say ,, Online gaming free and available until March 2010 .
The if you buy the game in 2012 you can say hey wait the online gaming could be for a fee now or not even exist .
That's not false advertising. If the game has online features and the online features are down due to sever issues, that doesn't mean it's false advertisement. They didn't say they have stable online, they said they had online. If they said they have perfect and never down online, then that would be false advertisement.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a nice example of false advertisement . You buy any Wii game that states that has online gaming or online support . And then you realize that wii doesn't have online support anymore , yet in the back of the box it doesn't say online support until March 2014 .
Si you bought it and they lie , because it doesn't have online support , isn't that false advertising ??? :-)
Is it false advertising if you buy a copy of Halo 2 for the original Xbox and find that you can't play it online because Xbox Live for the original Xbox has been discontinued?

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's so stupid I almost can't believe it's not pretending to be retarded on purpose.
Almost.

Reactions: ZachyCatGames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end