FAKE?! WTF

• Total voters

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, because it's listed on ShopTemp, which IMO is enough to believe that it is a legit seller. Not only that, but I haven't heard any complaints from people who have bought theirs from there.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
my opinion on the "fake" cards
tbh i only ever heard one story of a "fake" gateway card (i.e the shorter pin model) and tbh im somewhat skeptical that it even was a fake, it worked with the official gateway FW versions 1.0-2.0b2, but the user couldnt run the FPGA update on 2.1+.......if there was fakes branded as gateway card im sure we would of seen many more of them by now....one card really :lol:........my "theory" is the card was genuine but there was a manufacturing error meaning one of the terminals was too short which meant the FPGA couldnt be updated......as i say just a theory, but i doubt if someone had made a clone that worked with the official gateway FW, they would of been churning them out like nobodies business,

but im pretty sure the black vs dark blue coloring varies between batches, especially considering they switch manufacturers a while back
....tldr.....i doubt there was any

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one from there, no problems and diagnostics check went well. They even sent me the card and the sticker separately, which was nice, I hate crooked stickers.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my opinion on the "fake" cards

....tldr.....i doubt there was any

Pretty sure your right, especially on the colour variations. My launch card has the dark blue writing as is clearly real (no fakes). Same with the box, they changed from plastic and clear tray to cardboard and fuzzy tray.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy it, authenticate with images available to you from the web, report to seller. If the seller refuses to pay for shipping than file fraud with CC. All you need to say is that the item which was sold was not as described.

RonnieDobbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure your right, especially on the colour variations. My launch card has the dark blue writing as is clearly real (no fakes). Same with the box, they changed from plastic and clear tray to cardboard and fuzzy tray.

Meaning cardboard and fuzzy tray ones are real?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Packaging can be misleading, though. My card is legit and came with no packaging at all except bubble wrap.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my card for $55~ at a local shop. In China they range anywhere from $50-65, depending on the store. They probably will get more expensive when Gateway does release the 9.0-2 exploit, or that's what the shop owner was saying whom I bought the Gateway from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr