Failing Diangnostic Tests - Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kelsier, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Kelsier
    OP

Kelsier Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    United States
    So my new Gateway Red card seems to be ridiculously finicky.

I have to pull the MicroSD out / red cat out of the slot then put it back in over and over till eventually it passes all the diagnostic tests and I can start in emunand to play games. Sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes before I can get it to fully read it and pass all 4 diagnostic tests. Usually they 3 fail (FPGA, SPI, SD) sometimes all 4, or only 1 or 2. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Seems like its getting worse too, taking longer and longer before I can pass the tests

Did I just get a defective cart? Is there a way to fix it?

2. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    What seller did you buy from?

Gateway carts shouldn't fail any of the tests. SPI maybe, but that would still be a defective cart if bought new.

3. Kelsier
    OP

Kelsier Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    United States

Modchipsdirect

Hmm...could it be my microsd? I dont see why that would make it fail the other tests though

4. Oishikatta

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

Run the diagnostics with no microsd in the gateway card. All (FPGA, SPI, SPI READ) should show "OK" except for SD. If they do not then your gateway card is defective. Contact the seller to arrange an exchange.

5. Kelsier
    OP

Kelsier Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    United States

Yeah everything fails. Sometimes FGPA will work or SPI, sometimes nothing. Can't get them all to pass at once though

6. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I'd say you have a faulty card. I don't know if they have a return policy but I also go my card from Modchipsdirect and it works 100%. They are a top notch seller and I would contact them if your card isn't old yet.

7. Oishikatta

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

It's good that you ordered from modchipsdirect then because they have a 6-month warranty.

8. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    At least you bought from a trusted seller so you can always get your money back without too much of a hassle.

9. Kelsier
    OP

Kelsier Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    United States
    Just contacted them. Thanks

edit: they responded within 5 minutes with an RMA number. Good customer service

thorasgar likes this.