Hacking Failed to mount CTRNAND

remix2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to unbrick a n3ds xl that I purchased second hand already bricked. I don’t know how it was bricked unfortunately.

I was able to use ntrboot to install boot9strap and I CAN boot into Luma or any other .firm like Godmode9, Hourglass etc.

But if I try to boot the system normally using Luma I get a failed to mount ctrnand error message. I have tried doing a ctrnand transfer using Godmode9 and Decrypt9WIP but still get the same error after.

One thing I noticed while in Godmode9 is that I am missing the CTRNAND SD partition as well as the 2 twlnand partitions.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this thing? Can I use the otp.bin from this system to generate XORpads and encrypt another system’s decrypted nand backup?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by remix2k,

remix2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost sounds like a hardware brick given the missing partitions in gm9
I was thinking that maybe the previous owner flashed the wrong console’s nand backup to this one or maybe a corrupted nand backup.

What would cause a hardware brick that allows partial functionality like I’m getting?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that maybe the previous owner flashed the wrong console’s nand backup to this one or maybe a corrupted nand backup.

What would cause a hardware brick that allows partial functionality like I’m getting?
I've seen everything working IT so I wouldn't be surprised if it was. And from what I've seen in past cases people couldn't even properly ctrnand transfer without error when you flash the incorrect console. Though it seems to be somewhat different for each case so you may be right.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to do a ctrtransfer
I have tried doing a ctrnand transfer using Godmode9 and Decrypt9WIP but still get the same error after.

Read lol.
That's a really weird situation you're in tho bud, maybe you could somehow contact the seller and ask them how they exactly bricked it? The more info the better.

Reactions: Uumas
D

Deleted User

Has anyone worked out how to make an emuNAND without a working sysNAND yet?
use gm9 to setup rednand (full size for your sys type) then use decypt9 to do a forced ctrtransfer to the emunand
that should work
don't know if legacy size or custom size will work tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone